Brian Mays best tone?

Vince

• Members

I had my iPod on shuffle yesterday, and "Was it all worth it" from The Miracle came on, and I was blown away by Brians tone. Really warm and fat, nicely distorted but still cleaning up fantastically. It got me thinking as to what is my favourite of his tones, on any album, and I reckon this is close to the top. Anyone else? Innuendo is very high, as is Wembley '86 although this is a touch too thin for me.

• Members

Which bit in Bohemian Rhapsody, or do you mean the whole thing? Killer Queen has a lovely solo sound, tis true, but listening to it, I think I prefer his later, smoother tone.

Originally posted by erksin

'Death On Two Legs' is my favorite, but almost everything he did sounds killer to me...

Hell yes!! so many sounds in 1 song!!!

• Members
Originally posted by Vince

I had my iPod on shuffle yesterday, and "Was it all worth it" from The Miracle came on, and I was blown away by Brians tone. Really warm and fat, nicely distorted but still cleaning up fantastically. It got me thinking as to what is my favourite of his tones, on any album, and I reckon this is close to the top. Anyone else? Innuendo is very high, as is Wembley '86 although this is a touch too thin for me.

My Fairy King and Liar....AND DON'T FORGET FATHER TO SON!!!!!!
SCREW IT...ALL OF QUEEN I/II.
I am afraid I fall into the News Of The World and previous "group"....
My fave band.
:wave:

• Members
Originally posted by Vince

Sleeping On The Sidewalk is pretty tasty too!
:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by fernmeister

i agree that May hardly ever (if at all) sounds bad. the queen album tones all range from very good to stellar!

for me killer queen is the best, but really it is like chosing between different vintages of a great wine!

But it is still fun to discuss your personal favourite, I mean it's given Jilly Cordon or whatever her name is something to do with her life!:)

• Members

He never had a bad tone on any of the records. I'll agree that the 80s overproduced Queen records doesn't sound quite as good.

One fine tone is the riffing sound at the end of We Will Rock You

• Members
Originally posted by AaronF

^^^^

That is sweet! They could have picked some better tones, but those are good enough for me. Do you know when it will come out?

*waits in line patiently*

Last I read on his page was this:

"WATCH THIS SPACE ... for an update about the development and nearing completion."

Was posted on the 26th of May. It's a strange pedal, isn't it? Like a small modeler with a few parameters. Will retail for about $200 if I'm not mistaken. Brian used it for some of his work on the new Meat Loaf track they recorded recently.

Dunno what to think of it, gotta wait and... hear :)

Archived