Why is it so important that you like builders as a person?

• Members

I don't know all of the builders of my pedals. The only builders I've spoken to in person or by phone are Sean at Lovepedal, Robert (rk) at Keeley Electronics and John Spears @ Monster Effects.

I've chatted with several others here on this forum and they seem like good people.

I know Brad at ToneFactor and he has been great to deal with. He has hooked me up several times. :thu:

• Members

Well if there is competition in a market, I'd rather dump my money where it seems to be welcome. It's to feed the vengeful nature in a person, to kind of stick it to someone by not giving them business if they want to be an asshole about their product.

And it's nice to know that if you have a problem, or want to know how to get the best out of your pedal that you can call someone or email them and ask and get a speedy and pleasant response.

For instance, the best customer service I've ever had with anything I've ever bought was with Mike at Vodka Mods. He answered stupid questions and even typed a paragraph or two in an email about music genres. This was before I even bought something. And when I purchased something, he told me to email him back and let him know how I liked it or if I didn't like it. That told me that he was a good guy and interested in if I was satisfied or not and was concerned about making something better. It's more of a psychological thing. You feel befriended.

I mean, you can question it, hate it, think it's stupid. But the fact of the matter is that if you want to be the most successful businessman, you are going to need to at least give somewhat of a {censored} about what your customers think. Not all the way, because customer service that worries too much about the customer will sink a business. But just the right amount will make a business soar.

• Members

The builders/designers I've done business with:

Alf Hermida
David Barber
Mike I. (MIAudio)
Sean (Lovepedal)
Bob McBroom
Dave (DLS)
Howard Davis
Robbie Wallace (Bad Bob)

... are all AWESOME. All top-shelf guys with amazing products and great customer service. But you knew that.

To me, WHO the builder is and how they conduct their business REALLY matters.

• Members

It's not ... I mean I don't know Mr Boss or Mr Yamaha or Mr Digitech or Mr Rocktron or the people that work under them but I'm sure despite having their pedals on my board that I could get into some very real fist fights with these people on the factory floor just based on personality differences - I enjoy their pedals nevertheless.

Archived