OT: Because i know everyone is dying to hear it - the new Paris Hilton track

sonaboy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by LancerMongoose

gah... my friend sent me the youtube video for that song

not only were my ears bleeding from the craptasticness of it, but i gauged out my eyes... true story

hahaha...POST IT..c'mon!!

let's all gouge out our eyes!

do it!

• Members

Jeez...Anyone can whisper-sing. Britney does the same thing. That is probably the number one trick for terrible singers to sound not terrible. "Hey, let's try it again, but this time don't use your diaphram." Then you pitch correct the hell out of it. God bless midi.

• Members

*yawn* it's too boring to be craptastic. i hate that "edit every half-second" approach used in videos. it's nauseating and completely unimaginitive. all they would have had to do is set up a dolly track on the beach to make that series of shots a thousand percent more fluid and pretty. she's not exactly ugly, and she' become iconic, unfortunately... i could have made that video 10 times better and i have no idea what i'm doing. some schmuck really took them to the cleaners with that piece of plop.

• Members

Originally posted by zachary vex

*yawn* it's too boring to be craptastic.

Haven't watched the video, but I've heard the track. Z is right on the money: it's a professional single.

Not a professional vocal, but professionally written, professionally arranged, professionally performed, professionally recorded, professionally mixed, professionally mastered, professionally packaged, and professionally promoted by professionals. Dull as dirt, too.

Man, it really makes me pine for a good celebrity-single trainwreck. Come back "Popo Zau," all is forgiven.

Originally posted by zachary vex

she's not exactly ugly

But chew on this: she has achieved the highest level of attractiveness that a team of professionals can create using the raw materials called "Paris Hilton." She's maxed out.

• Members

here's a challenge - name a celebrity that broke into the music biz and created a song that was actually really good that you don't feel bad about listening to today.

conditions:
they had to be FAMOUS BEFORE they began the music.

so, a condition like that would eliminate someone like Rick Springfield, who was an actor on a soap, but basically unknown to the general public at the time of his career change.

not that Rick Springfield is awesome, but at least he had some hits and they're played unironically on radio to this day.

any takers?

• Members
Originally posted by jonny guitar

man...I had a huggge crush on her back in the day...something about Butterfly rings a bell..
:thu:

well, much like Tori Spelling, Pia Zadora had money behind her from the beginning. she won more razzies (anti-oscars) for "the loney lady" than any actress in history up to that point... i believe she took 4 of 6 that year.

• Members
Originally posted by sonaboy

here's a challenge - name a celebrity that broke into the music biz and created a song that was actually really good that you don't feel bad about listening to today.

conditions:

they had to be FAMOUS BEFORE they began the music.

Was J-Lo a singer or actress first? I don't remember.

Archived