borrowed a Boss GE-7....

• Members

....and I dig it. Nuts???

My dirt goes Ultra Fuzz>VS J&H>GE-7>SC Picoso.

'stacked' with SCP it beefs up my strat nicely for cleans and overdriven tones with J&H.

It does have some character of it's own but I don't find it too sterile or whatever...

Yeah, it's well know for being noisy but with current settings(enhanced bass and mids and volume lowered cause it gave too much boost at ) it's not that bad at all.

...mid boost either didn't hurt for the fuzz to cut through.

Of course I'm looking at Sniper and M.allums mods but in the meantime I'd say it's not that bad stock.I'm buying it on monday.

I didn't tell you anything you don't know...but I had to share my first encounter with an EQ with someone

;)

• Members

no Dano distibuters here(think southeastern Europe) and I'm thinkin' once I get it modded it'll be sturdier than a Dano.

I'll talk to my amp tech he's got a lot of NOS parts in his basement...he may find some that sound better than stock ones.

• Members

The GE-7 is a very solid 7 band EQ and anybody who says it sucks isn't using it right. The little Dano eq is probably just as good, but I would seriously doubt it can hold up to the kind of abuse the Boss can take. Mine is from around '84 and its still kicking.

• Members

I did the Sniper-mod and it's excellent. Easy to do IMO.

One head's up: I completed my Sniper mods and while the guts were out of the box I put a signal through it just to see if I wired it correctly before assembling the entire thang. Guess what - it didnt' work.

Then I thought, hey maybe the case is like a common ground and I carefully installed all of the "non-working" guts and Bingo - perfect.

I strongly suggest the Sniper mod in particular. I think it cost like $25 or so. Makes the GE7 far more usable 'case it ain't so freak'in noisey!!

• Members

Originally posted by BillyK

... Guess what - it didnt' work.

Then I thought, hey maybe the case is like a common ground ...

its the same for other boss pedals. I got scared for a moment when I was modding my ds-1 :-)

nevertheless

+1 on siper mod and Ge-7 in general !

Archived