Big Muff settings/ amp settings

• Members

Since this is such a popular pedal, i'm hoping to get a large number of responses. Simply state what big muff type pedal you use, how you set the knobs on it (along with an eq peal if used in conjuction), amp type and it's settings, and finally what kind of guitar/pickups. Thanks in advance! :)

• Members

NYC, right now it's volume and tone at 11:00, sustain all the way up. guitar is a SX SJM. lol i bumped it when i started typing this and it's still sustaining

amp is a vox ad15, ac15 model, gain at 9:00, treb & mid at 1, bass at around 10

• Members

Skreddy Mayo and Skreddy Zero, guitar's a Schecter C-1 Classic with JB/59 pups, and the amp is a Valvetech 22 watt 2x10. I run the amp clean and crank the master.

I use the Mayo with the sustain at 1:00 and the tone at 11:00, and it gives me huge woolly fuzz. Awesome low end with this setup. I used to run it through a little 2 watt Minimat, and while it sounded good it was nothing like this. It also cleans up fairly well with the guitar's volume.

The Zero I use with slightly harsher settings. I keep the sustain around 2:00-2:30 and the tone closer to 1:00. Much more ripping distortion, and it cuts like a knife. These pedals are great together (not stacked, just on the same board) because they're voiced very similarly, but cover different grounds with the EQ setup.

• Members

Dean VX or Tropical era ML with stock humbuckers

USA Big Muff .....

volume=11 o'clock

tone= ALL THE WAY to the LEFT

sustain= ALL THE WAY to the RIGHT

Crate GT1200H halfstack on the clean channel

LOW=ALL THE WAY UP

MID=ALL THE WAY UP

HIGH=ALL THE WAY UP

• Members

'81 Big Muff (I usually keep it in tone bypass mode) but when I use the tone knob it's at 10-11, volume at noon, sustain all the way up..........unless it's a ballad then I back the sustain down to 3 o'clock. (pic of my muff in my avatar)

Archived