What is your favorite Expression Pedal?

• Members

Ryan,
You guys at Toadworks make great stuff, I would love to see the Envelope Filter you make, turned into an Expression Pedal, I know that you can hook one up, but I'm outta room on my board for 2 more pedals, it would be nice to see that pedal turned into an Expression Pedal. Just my thoughts, keep up the good work at Toadworks!

• Members

I use an Ernie Ball 6166. Some folks I know on another forum got together and ordered sealed linear taper pots with the proper shaft length directly from the manufacturer that makes the EB pots. Now that pedal is sturdy and linear taper.

For a smaller footprint a guy could also retrofit the EB junior pedals.

• Members

If you are looking to design an expression pedal, I have a few suggestions. I have been looking for one to use with my Diamond Memory Lane (which needs to use a TRS cable). I ended up getting a Boss FV-500, because it is very heavy duty and has a tension screw for the feel of the sweep. These are important features to me, but the pedal is HUGE! I already have a cluttered pedalboard, so I don't need a huge expression pedal taking up more space. So, here is what I would like to see in an expression pedal:

1. Quality components - no plastic
2. Tension screw for feel
3. ability to use for different applications- TRS, volume etc.
4. SMALL HOUSING!
5. possibly the option to set the minimum and maximun rate of the sweep.
6. no attached cable

It seems that there is not many options on the market for expression pedals. I can't speak for others, but I would pay more if I could find one with the specfications I mentioned.

• Members

Originally posted by steverags

So, here is what I would like to see in an expression pedal:

4. SMALL HOUSING!

6. no attached cable

It seems that there is not many options on the market for expression pedals. I can't speak for others, but I would pay more if I could find one with the specfications I mentioned.

Yeah! What he said.

• Members

Originally posted by steverags

If you are looking to design an expression pedal, I have a few suggestions. I have been looking for one to use with my Diamond Memory Lane (which needs to use a TRS cable). I ended up getting a Boss FV-500, because it is very heavy duty and has a tension screw for the feel of the sweep. These are important features to me, but the pedal is HUGE! I already have a cluttered pedalboard, so I don't need a huge expression pedal taking up more space. So, here is what I would like to see in an expression pedal:

4. SMALL HOUSING!

6. no attached cable

Thanks for the input - seriously, I do appreciate it. But that's not what I was asking for.

I asked for input on EXISTING expression pedals - we are designining AROUND an expression pedal, meaning we are designing an effect that uses an expression pedal, and we want to tailor it to a specific (existing) unit.

• Members

Boss FV-300L

Two stereo inputs so I can control both my flanger speed and the univibe speed with one pedal. I would love for it to be closer to a Crybaby/Vox casing but it works great for me.

I would flip if I could have a 4 input expression pedal.

• Members

The M-Audio one looks pretty nice, but I haven't tried it. I use the Moog expression pedals, and they have never broke on me, but they seem a little flimsy. If you modded a VP jr. to be an expression pedal, that would be perfect. What effect are you building around an expression pedal? Filter? Delay? I must know at once.

• Members

Oh... but for realz yo :

- Something that rocks smoothly yet holds tight to the position you leave it at
- The ability to control many pedals at once, but possibly to varying different degrees would be neat
- Ever see that one expression pedal that not only went up and down, but also side to side... that was fun

• Members

Originally posted by adam02

Please enlighten me on why anyone would want to put that in their rig.

Sounds like a swarm of constipated wasps high on burnt urine. Its horrible.

Your second statement answers your first inquiry.

Archived