Best low-gain overdrive ever

ollenorin

• Members

Originally posted by Richard Guy

No votes for the Nobels ODR-1?

It's my fav "cheap" lite hair overdrive (which is almost all I use these days). It colors my sound just a little bit when off, otherwise it's a champ. I'd like to have something slightly more transparent but I know I'm gonna have to shell much bigger $$ for that. Thus the green Nobels makes due marvelously.

• Members

Originally posted by Spydog1985

This thread is retarded
:o

Nearly all of the Od's people are listing aren't even low gain:rolleyes:

-john

Before rolling your eyes, you should try turning some knobs... The ones marked "Gain" or "Drive" are especially handy.

;)

• Members

I'm considering et an overdrive pedal any suggestions considering my set up too?

Fender Jazzmaster - Marshall shredmaster - Boss TR 2 - Boss DD 20 - Boss rv 5 - Electro Harmonix Small Stone

• Members

Originally posted by DaSkip

Sorry, to add fuel to the flame, but my Zendrive 2 arrived today. I'll be taking a test drive this very evening.
:thu:

On a side note, I bought the new Joe Bonamassa "You & Me" cd today. If you like Blues/Rock run your ass down to the store and buy it now! Tons-O-Licks to learn.
;)

Speaking of Bonamassa, i think he is coming to Ft Worth in abut a month. Did a quick once ofver of Star Time this past friday and I recall seeing his name.

• Members

This thread is retarded
:o

Nearly all of the Od's people are listing aren't even low gain:rolleyes:

OCD? Eternity? ZENDRIVE???

Good grief.

Now, the CORRECT answer would be the Xotic RC Booster, but yeah, the timmy ain't bad, but it never made my board
:o:D

-john

OCD and Eternity - I wouldn't say they are..

...I'd call the Zendrive a low gain however.

• Members

Sweet:o

So when you turn those knobs clockwise (that's to the right;) ) and they get high gain, you call those pedals low gain pedals?
:thu:

I guess my Diezel is low gain then, rite? My Mesa recto rack? My Boss Metalzone? Basically everything with a gain or volume knob is low gain then?

Sweet. You're a retard.
:D

maybe you should think before you make an ass out of yourself:wave:

-John

*votes for the RC Booster and Timmy still here. I don't think i'll suggest a metalzone as a low gain pedal anytime soon.
:idea:

Obviously they're talking about pedals that sound GOOD at low gain settings.

A 5150 amp or a Boss Metalzone wouldn't qualify since they're designed with high gain in mind. Some pedals sound great at low gain settings, even though they do more than just that. I'm sure that's the point, and I'm sorry for pointing out the obvious.

• Members

maybe you should think before you make an ass out of yourself:wave:

Not everyone uses their pedals with all the knobs dimed.

Maybe you should wander over to the amp forum. You'd probably fit in better. :wave:

• Members

Originally posted by murch33

Not everyone uses their pedals with all the knobs dimed.

Maybe you should wander over to the amp forum. You'd probably fit in better.
:wave:

+1

Further more..... the RC Booster is a frickin' booster and not a low gain OD. :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by Arjae

+1

Further more..... the RC Booster is a frickin' booster and not a low gain OD.
:rolleyes:

Agreed

Hey arjae, I'm still loving that trio of pedals that you partially inspired me to get. I might have to sell the RC to fund a Deluxe Reverb though. But with that amp I can just use the breakup of the amp instead of the RC (I was using it to simulate breakup).

• Members

Originally posted by erksin

I don't think I'd have classified the Screw Driver as a low-gainer, but it works well for it - same with the Hellbilly.

I think it is hard to classify a lot of OD's. I try and classify them based on how they work best for me. To me, the Screw Driver excels at low gain settings. But yes, there is plenty of gain on tap within. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by murch33

I should've guessed.

Heres a secret. Spydog = Markom's Dad.

:idea:

Seriously, its guys like spydog that gives TGP a bad rep for being a bunch of cork-sniffers that wouldn't know a GREAT Boss pedal if it punched them in the face with brass knuckles.

• Members

Nah, i like to stop by both actually...i try to keep a well balanced arsenal of both amps and pedals, so both forums are applicable thank you:)

but man, i always seem to forget how ignorant and uninformed *SOME* of you HCFX folk can be...

I'm goin back to TGP. I can't handle so much stupidity.
:bor:

love ya,

-John:)

*Note to Skr3ddy ("Obviously they're talking about pedals that sound GOOD at low gain settings") I think the title of the thread is "Best Low Gain OD" not "Best Mid to High Gain pedal in a Low Gain setting"
:D

Stupidity = calling the RC Booster an OD. :wave:

Archived