Best low-gain overdrive ever

ollenorin

• Members

Originally posted by KjStrat62

My personal fav is a Maxon od-820.Has a nice crunch through a tele.

Clipping...crunch? I guess, but If there were any Harmonics present in the signal, this Maxon surely kills them. It is one of the flatest sounding distortions I've heard.

• Members

Originally posted by Elliott Damage

wow this thread sure solved that argument!! 6 more OD's named in 5 posts!!!!
:p

Sorry, to add fuel to the flame, but my Zendrive 2 arrived today. I'll be taking a test drive this very evening. :thu:

On a side note, I bought the new Joe Bonamassa "You & Me" cd today. If you like Blues/Rock run your ass down to the store and buy it now! Tons-O-Licks to learn. ;)

• Members

Originally posted by A-Train

Stereotypy, how long was the wait for your Zendrive? I've been wanting one for a while, it sounds like I should order soon.
:eek:

i got lucky! when i did a od pedal shootout with gappie and chris (chris is from tgp) i fell in love with the zendrive.. instantly. but it was chris'.. but he didn't use it and sold it to me for a very fair price (if i remember right something like 150-170dollar!!).

• Members

Originally posted by stereotypy

i got lucky! when i did a od pedal shootout with gappie and chris (chris is from tgp) i fell in love with the zendrive.. instantly. but it was chris'.. but he didn't use it and sold it to me for a very fair price (if i remember right something like 150-170dollar!!).

Good deal. :thu: Either way, I hope to put my order in within the next few weeks.

• Members

Clark Gainster for the open, uncompressed natural tweed-like dirt.

Foxrox ZIM VT card for beatiful, tube-like mild compression that makes a Strat sound more "stratty" (Dave's words really apply!).

Everything else sounds like poo! :D

Archived