Is this for me?

• Members

I know you get tons of tonelab se threads, but I am desperately confused

Right now, I have a peavey prowler 45 watt amp I am contemplating selling, along with an epiphone elitist. I am looking to get a new cheapish guitar and a killer amp set up on the cheap. I recently played the vox ad120vtx and god did I love it. However, even if I sell both, I won't really be able to afford all the ad120vtx+vc4 control board + guitar. I can, however, get the tonelab SE for sub grand (aussie dollars), and this would cover my foot control problem. I would keep the Peavey Prowler, and use that as an amp powering the tonelab.

What the complication is though is - Am I really in need of a modeler? I don't use alot of effects, but really want the option of having those modulations and delays there on demand. I'm a kind of man that wants tons of tones as well. The cleans on the valvetronix were simply amazing, so I guess the tonelab would follow suit. The medium gains were amazing, and the high gain are better than the line 6's IMO.

I guess I'm just scared about getting it and not using it, just like I did with my epiphone.

Can anyone tell me if the tonelab is really what I'm looking for?

• Members

Man, you need to take a 5. breath, breath, then ask yourself what makes you happy.
As far as modeling/multi-effect units. I think ToneLab stuff is worlds ahead of anyone else. but then again i don't use them. i've got alot of the real deals, that has cost me a ton of money. and i gotta tell you that tone lab pisses me off sometimes. cause it does really sound good. maybe not as good, but there is a ton of money to factor in.

But what do i know I'm just trying to get my {censored}ing avatar(#42)

Archived