OT: Do You Believe In UFO's??

• Members

A UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Objects. It does not specifically mean little green men in flying saucers. So, yes it is a fact that there are Unidentified Flying objects. I do not believe little green men (or any color for that matter) and flying machines visit us. However, I do believe that life exists, throughout the universe, and is not resident to this tiny little planet.
But believing carbon based humanoids are capable af traveling millions of light years for an Earthly visit...pure science fiction and overactive imaginations.

• Members

Originally posted by Bb

A UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Objects. It does not specifically mean little green men in flying saucers. So, yes it is a fact that there are Unidentified Flying objects. I do not believe little green men (or any color for that matter) and flying machines visit us. However, I do believe that life exists, throughout the universe, and is not resident to this tiny little planet. But believing carbon based humanoids are capable af traveling millions of light years for an Earthly visit...pure science fiction and overactive imaginations.

+1

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

I reserve judgement on whether there is intelligent life on this planet at times ...

+1

• Members

There are objects seen in the sky that are not identifiable--therefore UFOs exist.

Whether they are spacecraft carrying beings from other worlds is pure speculation, without proof.

I think most sightings have prosaic explanations--misidentification of meteorological/astronomic phenomena, or man-made technology. There remain a small number that cannot be so easily explained. These are the interesting ones, but, again, there is no proof that they're "aliens."

• Members

neil armstrong and buzz aldrin have gone on tv and openly admitted that during the apollo mission to the moon they saw three unidentified flying objects for a long peroid of time.

and no it's not all of the bs websites that report him saying there is an "alien" space station on the moon.

• Members

Yes, because I saw a pack of 3 of them (in typical USAF style formation) going past my house in the sky during the middle of the DAY a few years ago.
I watched until the trees made them out of sight.
What was really weird is that they were the stereotypical silver, spherical flying saucers we've always seen, which makes me wonder, if the cliche about silver flying saucers is right, then maybe green men is too.

I've also seen the Star of Bethlehem on xmas morning. No shiet, it was huge and had 6 or 8 points - geometrically symmetrical - just like the cliche one we used to have in the Bethlehem play where the little kids play the parts on the day Jesus was born.

Oddly enough, after seeing those phenomenons, I am no alien-obsessed nerd, and I have no heavy faith or reliance as I would say in God. In fact if I hadn't seen the star I would probably be agnostic. But anyways, they proved those crazy evengelicals wrong - apparently the universe doesn't revolve around us.

• Members

do ufos exist. of course.

do aliens exist. most likely but if they where flying the ufos in all likelyhood they took a good look at us. realized we're morons, and of no threat to them and went on to find something more interesting.

• Members

Has anyone seen the amazing footage of a UFO over some eastern city? Possibly TOkyo. It is there for a few mins and loads of people are looking at it, then it goes? I saw it once and thought it was incredible but have never seen it since.

Also there was footage about 5 years ago of the moon from a satellite. A dot appeared with an erratic course headed towrds the moon and then slowed. Suddenly from the moon another dot shoyt out at the 1st one which suddenly whizzed off out of shot. IT was on tv a lot here and i never heard what it got explained away as.

Another thing i heard is that many sightings have now been proved to be US military secret planes/craft. Obviously the Stealth plane etc is an example. It suited the govt to let the UFO stuff run so it took attention away from their developments. Well it is rumoured there's a new craft called Araura (i thinK). Vapour trails of it have been seen, as well as satellite images which show a vehicle flying across the US, over the Atlantic and on the europe at 8,000 milers/hr! Crazy {censored}.

• Members

Carl Sagan did this visual representation of the probability of life existing elsewhere on his Cosmos series. It was really cool.

Seeings as how vast the universe is, the likelyhood of there being other life on another planet is believable. Have they come and visited us? Doubt it. They are constrained by the same rules of physics as us.

• Members

Originally posted by Mike McLenison

Why??

Because a civilization so advanced as to have accomplished intergalactic space travel wouldn't be so shy as to hide every time there was a "sighting".

They would have made themselves known by now.

Archived