Help me find this amp!!!

Redfox777

• Members

Originally posted by jeverist

A Deville is 60 watts in a 2x12 configuration. Its basically the same amp as a Deluxe, but with 20 more watts and an extra speaker. Tons of clean headroom and it takes pedals well. Some people don't like the drive channel, but its usually the ones trying to turn it into a high gain amp. Open up the master volume and turn up the gain so that the drive channel volume matches the clean channel for best results.

I really like this amp, cause its the closest thing to having a Twin and a Bassman in the same amp(unless you spend a lot more for a boutique).

Another cool thing is that these amps are so popular, there are tons of mods available so if you want to get it to sound like an expensive boutique amp you can do so down the road. Nonetheless, its very much a good amp stock, and you see them being gigged everywhere. True working man's amp.

yeah dude definetly a good amp. can be gad around $300 used. when they do break up is a nice bassman growl and twin shimmer. like Jeverist said has the highs of the twin with the lowe rumble of a bassman with about half the power. they get loud cause they are designed to break up quick. but they still have a good amount of head room at gig volumes. with my old band i wanted a twin, my bassist was running a mesa 400+ 500watt mosnter rig and my drummer was really heavy handed, i still had more thatn enough volume with this thing to be in the mix and come out when needed. i guess i just felt that my amp was tiny against the 500watt 4x10 and 1x18 mamoth of a rig my bassist used. but after a lot of searching it was gonna be either a bassman or a twin, and this amp is like both in a smaller package. now run it thru a 4x12 and it can underably loud. i decide i was just gonna do some upgrading and add a ext cab.

if you decide to try one out make sure you can crank it. to gig levels thats the only way to really see if it will work for you, what i liek to do is bring my pedal board and axe to the store, and crank the thing in the "quiet" room. or get one of the drummer to "jam" so i can take the amp thru its paces.

good luck

• Members

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe

The Fender Pro Reverb is a 2X12 at about 45 watts... that might be a good choice. A Twin would also work, but might be more power than you want - 85 - 130 watts, depending on the year / model.

I didn't see this before I posted but +1.

Archived