It's time again for the...Bi-Annual Bob Ross appreciation thread.

papa taco

• Members

LOL! Several years ago I was acquainted with a woman who worked directly for infamous Bob Ross. Sadly, she claimed that in real life he was a tightly wound megalomaniac and a complete jerk (the man did have his rather dated looking grinning fro'd visage printed in earth-toned brown relief on his company paychecks and letterhead complete with a bad "groovy looking" '70s era advertizing font!). His main business was moving painting supplies to hobby painters (surprize!). His TV show mostly served as an ad for the supplies. His catalog was the "more information" you could send for at the end of the show. His painting happy little trees was basically therapy for him and his way of winding down. She said that's about the only time you'd see him in a non-agitated state. You have to admit he did make it look easy.

• Members

Originally posted by Mel Cooley

LOL! Several years ago I was acquainted with a woman who worked directly for infamous Bob Ross. Sadly, she claimed that in real life he was a tightly wound megalomaniac and a complete jerk (the man did have his rather dated looking grinning fro'd visage printed in earth-toned brown relief on his company paychecks and letterhead complete with a bad "groovy looking" '70s era advertizing font!). His main business was moving painting supplies to hobby painters (surprize!). His TV show mostly served as an ad for the supplies. His catalog was the "more information" you could send for at the end of the show. His painting happy little trees was basically therapy for him and his way of winding down. She said that's about the only time you'd see him in a non-agitated state. You have to admit he did make it look easy.

Finding this out has caused my world to implode. Thanks a lot.

:cry:

• Members

Originally posted by jonny guitar

bout.jpg:thu:

WTF??? Is this some kind of lesbian roller derby event? I'm there.

ps. Yep, you go get that Orville. We can call ourselves "the Gold Orvilles." We will blind you with noise rock.

• Members

Originally posted by Phineas Gage

I have a picture on my bedroom wall of Bob Ross, smiling almost as wide as his afro, standing in front of a lovely painting of a mountain vista with brush in hand...

And it makes me feel chipper.

Just curious, how many copies of "Catcher in the Rye" do you have?

:D

Archived