semi-OT: my quest for the RIGHT amp.

• Members
Originally posted by preservation

i have NO idea what that means.

i'm still dying to try a vox.

some guy has a limited edition AC-30 in purple, but its in Waynesboro near the mountains at least an hour away.

creepy? dunno.
:cry:

the output transformers are of a fundamentally different type so a silverface will never be exactly the same as a blackface.

but, i digress.....it's all up to your ears.

I would bring a friend if I was going to drive out to the mountains to deal with a stranger. creepy? I always assume yes.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by vanguard

which webers are you using? i've been wanting to get some low-efficiency speakers in my twin that have an early breakup. the celestion greenback reissues seem pretty cool...

edit: its the G12m speaker.

Two Weber 12F150

• Members

Ok, I recorded a demo of my Twin. I don't really know what I'm doing, so I put it on Soundclick and I think this is the link. Sorry for the poor quality, I recorded it using a MiniDisc. The Settings were Volume 3 Treble 4, Mid 6, Bass 5 Reverb between 3-4. I also recorded a bunch of sounds using mostly the Moog ring mod, low pass filter and phaser w/ some delay and fuzz so you can listen to that also if you want, to hear how it takes pedals. Anyway, heres the link.

Demo

• Members

a bit o advice here, if you will:

mid-90s vox re-issue (korg i think?) is up for grabs in a town about an hour away from me.
i dunno what if its a special edition or anything b/c its has purple tolex. its in... used shape. but for $700 i'm very tempted to try it out.
the photos are too big for me to attach, but if you guys will send me your e-mail i'll forward them to you.
i know its a favor to ask, but i'd appreciate it !!!
just PM or lemme know...-
my e-mail is indieclock@gmail.com

Archived