What's the lowest GC can go on new effects?

• Members

A while ago I asked questions about bargaining with them and I was told that generally they get things a little lower than 2/3 of the asking price. So you could offer around there.

$110 for a $150 is in that general range.

• Members
Originally posted by comfortablynumb

I don't want to rip anybody off.. they have to make money, too..

Dude, they'd rip you another one something terrible given the chance. Don't feel so bad for them at GC. They make plenty of money and do so by ripping people off.

For instance, at the OMGWTF SUPER AWESOME MEMORIAL DAY SALE OMGZ!!!!11!!~!~!1!~one, I bought a broken Digitech Digiverb... didn't know it was broken. So I returned it, and the guy tested to make sure it was broken. On the way back home yesterday I stopped in to see how much they are gouging for a mic stand and they had the Digiverb back up for sale... same price. I asked to try it out, and sure enough it was still broken. He put it right back in the glass case. :rolleyes:

• Members

I can tell you that almost all music stores will try to take you and bend you over if you let them. Buncha heartless bastards... you spend thousands of dollars and when you ask em about some guitar that's been hanging on the wall for 5 years and is all crusty and the strings are rusty, the strap smells musty and the pickguard is dusty... they still want to charge you the full price that I could get from any asshole online crap store for free shipping with no sales tax... YOU BASTARDS!

• Members

Plus GC pays a lot less then most music stores do for their products. I assure you if the computer will let them give you the price, they're making $$. I got my dl-4 there new, then sold it 6 months later for the same price. The most buying power, and DEEP pockets can work to the poor musician's advantage.

• Members

The truth is there is very little mark up on effects like Tube Screamers etc... Many retailers (especially big ones) will carry products like these willing to make a couple points or even a loss if that means bringing folks into the store. GC floorlevel employees from my understanding have very little room to budge that they are able to "see" or even show you on the screen (as they do when I go in). Of course it is nicely padded from a higher perspective. The world is not as out to get you as Robo would like us to believe.

Archived