LOST IT (attitude and my pedalboard)

• Members

hello to al my hall of famer friends...im not a hall of famer and dont care too much bout'it...

my pedal board started basic became boutique, then i sold all my good stuff ....and right now im feelling depresed with my equipment...

mostly my playing has gone down the drain, i still play in a band, but im not happy with my performance...

depresed...:(

got a job, got a girl, got a band, got no time...

my time is so compromised that i cant do anything well...

do you guys think that rebuilding my pedalboard will give me an attitude change over my playing??

im not feelling the same things, i cant play as before...im not sure whats so wrong with me...my mojo left me~!:(

also.. my hand hurts when i play...been like that for 3 or 4 months

my first thread since i dont know when...a little ot, depreseed...im sorry for bothering, but i know many here know me , i need the help from my gurus...from the crazy house of effects

• Members
Originally posted by loofery

I think I'll buy it.

convince me please.

lol...i cant...you know when you dont want to sell..but you want more gear...well...right now my dilema is

should i sell my first electric for a dd-20?

some part inside of me say ..".you should"...and some say
"you should never sell the tools that built you"

so you should convince me not to :freak:freakout and not sell it...lol :D;)

Originally posted by Echotraveler

also.. my hand hurts when i play...been like that for 3 or 4 months

this is a problem.

• Members

getting new gear might bring back a spark but the best thing to do is probably take sometime to yourself. put the guitar down and relax, watch a movie, read a book, get drunk. do something else for a while. then come back to it.

we all have dry spells. they come and go.
just don't get to worked up about it.

• Members
Originally posted by HMCMedic

Put the gear away

BBQ a big ass steak

ice up some beer

grab an acoustic and just strum:)

and here's a picture of my puppy:wave:

well im going to BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA

IN 2 DAYS!:) that should help a little

i should pick my acoustic....been neglecting it for a while now.....:freak:

ill do that wheni get back from eating, drinking, {censored}ing somking, not working, living...

• Members

Originally posted by loofery

What I would do is keep it and look around your house and sell all non - guitar related stuff you can think of, unused video games, stuff like that

hahahahah...yeah i already did!

nothing worth selling

right now im aiming to get

zvex ooh wah...(just got one on ebay for 160)

foxrox cc2 (hard to get rigth now)

Boss DD-20

my pedalboard is not bad, but needs some spice!

heres my board

1976 big muff

DMM

Phase 90

Electric Mistress

yeah the hand thing is freaking me out!, sometimes i think the right position of the hand, but the hand cant do it right.....its sad...should i mention that my job is data entry, i can write very very very very fast.....carpal tunel?

• Members
Originally posted by Echotraveler

.....carpal tunel?

yikes don't mention that around here. it's pretty much like mentioning castration or something.

(well, at least the former is reversible. :idea: )

as for the slump... just try something you don't normally do. a pedal might do it. or maybe learning something new--weird chords or something. or maybe try writing in a different way. if all your stuff has complex progressions, try doing a 2-chord vamp in your own style. or if it's all vamps, try complex chords, etc.

• Members

Which hand are we talking about? What it's going to boil down to in the end is just sticking to proper form, both on the guitar and at work. And stretching. You never think to stretch out your forearms, but if you're experiencing pains then it's definitely something to think about.

As for the inspiration, I can only tell you what works for me. New gear is fun and exciting, but if you don't feel like playing to begin with, the coolest pedal in the world is just going to sit there and look pretty. I listen to a ridiculous amount of music, and I intentionally try to make it diverse. Everything from ambient to death metal, with lots of weird stuff in between. I'll listen to some Electric Wizard and then turn around and fire up Autechre. Lots of variety really gets me thinking outside the box when I play.

And on a similar note, I also like to experiment with other instruments. Do you play anything else? I bought a really nice synth on a whim a while back and loved it. Then I foolishly sold it for some other gear. But now I just picked up a cheapy off eBay to mess around with, and it lets me try things that I would never think of on guitar.

• Members
Originally posted by GuyaGuy

yikes don't mention that around here. it's pretty much like mentioning castration or something.

(well, at least the former is reversible.
:idea:
)

as for the slump... just try something you don't normally do. a pedal might do it. or maybe learning something new--weird chords or something. or maybe try writing in a different way. if all your stuff has complex progressions, try doing a 2-chord vamp in your own style. or if it's all vamps, try complex chords, etc.

hopefully its nothing of the sort!
but i need to see a doctor about it.

i wish my band wanted to practice more, they dont work, they dont want to practice the songs more than ones each practice.....i wish they played the more, but they said that they wont play what they know well, that i should play the song on my own....the thing is that im desperate about my tme...and now i have to leave my home, to start renting....im trying not to anger the people i love...

• Members

I've seen similar ruts. I think I'm in one right now actually, and what's especially disheartening is that I'm about to order a new amp and bass. I don't know how it will work out with me! I'm only doing it, though, because my band separated with our synthesist and all the bass gear that i used belongs to him. So, as long as you have equipment that works, don't worry too much about better stuff. There's always the chance that a drift of inspiration will come along and let you soar on the gear you have. Just be patient! Also, whenever I begin to feel pain in my hand, I just run it under hot water for a while, and let it rest. And, one more thing, make sure to get consistent and sufficient sleep. I believe this helps relieve aches big time.

Archived