Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive ......

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Here is a link to a tune I did using the Sparkle Drive. I used it for an up front gain boost, a liter touch on the first lead and the rhythm guitar, then hittting it fairly hard on the guitar solo at the end of the song.

Guitar tune with Sparkle Drive

It's not a distortion pedal, just an over drive for a hotter signal or a boosted lead sound, etc...... I like it cuz it has a knob that blends in part of the clean sound with the boosted signal...this is thru a Traynor YCV20WR.....

• Members
Originally posted by soundchaser59

Here is a link to a tune I did using the Sparkle Drive. I used it for an up front gain boost, a liter touch on the first lead and the rhythm guitar, then hittting it fairly hard on the guitar solo at the end of the song.

It's not a distortion pedal, just an over drive for a hotter signal or a boosted lead sound, etc...... I like it cuz it has a knob that blends in part of the clean sound with the boosted signal...this is thru a Traynor YCV20WR.....

That sounded pretty good ..... nice tune too! :)

• Members

Yes, it's a tubescreamer clone with a "clean" knob that can mix in as much of your clean signal as you want.

I really enjoy it... the only thing I have to compare it to is the Tubescreamer-clone od side of a jekyll and hyde, and to my ears the sparkle drive has a larger mid hump, and is also smoother than the j&h.

The footswitch on mine started crapping out, and voodoo lab replaced it (with a better one) for free, no questions asked.

• Members
Originally posted by soundchaser59

i love that! el chicano tell her she's lovley style!:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by ice house
i love that! el chicano tell her she's lovley style!
:thu:

Must have something to do with the fact that I was born in El Paso and grew up on ZZ Top, Winter Bros, and Steveland Morris. :D

Thanks fer listening to the tune, people! Appreciate the comments.

I worried about the footswitch issue before I bought it, but since I'm only working in the basement studio, I allowed myself to be sucked in by Voodoo Labs promises that they would honor the 5 year warranty for me, even if it was over 5 years, and replace the switch no questions asked whenever I send the thing back in. I got this promise in a couple of emails from their tech guys who make the pedals, including the same promise from the president of VL. I can live with that.

It sounds great, and I dont put enough wear and tear on it to kill the switch any time soon anyway......

But you die hard gigging over the road guys might want to take a look at Damage Control also. Tube driven, and a lot tougher build. Some engineers defected from Line 6 after Line 6 refused to do any analog gear, and they started Damage Control and built their own Abrams tank pedals. Great stuff if you can afford them at $375 bucks a pop.

But for $125 and $150, I got two VL pedals for the price of one DC pedal. Budget ruled that choice......

Archived