If you were using a Fulltone Fulldrive and switched to something else..

SeeMoore

• Members

It was because I decided the TS-ish mid-hump on the FDII made my guitar sound a bit generic. I found other pedals that are way more transparent, where even with heavy amounts of gain (way more than the FD has on tap), you can hear every pick-up position distinctly...

Also, I found the faux-2 channel layout of the FDII limiting. The ZIM has two real channels, so I switched to that. (My other main drive pedal is an Eternity, which has only one channel-- but that channel is perfect.)

The FDII isn't bad, nor is it great. You can do better.

• Members

In my case I was an idiot and traded it for something worth less, but much different sounding. I liked the FD, but I agree that the "2 channel" thing is useless. I used it in boost mode all the time. I had one of the older original Orange ones with the extreme mid-hump, but that didn't bother me too much.
I've been GASing for one again a little bit, but I also agree there are much better pedals out there. So unless you find a deal you can't pass up for a used one, you might want to keep searching.

• Members

I have to admit that is is the first time I've ever seen the "FF" abbrviation be in reference to the Fulltone Fulldrive.

To answer your question, I moved to a modded BD2, which is completely different, so it's not fair to say that it is better, any more so than saying waffles are better than soccer (no matter how true it is).

edit: geez, could I have used, any more, commas?

• Members

Originally posted by DeuceII

In my case I was an idiot and traded it for something worth less, but much different sounding. I liked the FD, but I agree that the "2 channel" thing is useless. I used it in boost mode all the time. I had one of the older original Orange ones with the extreme mid-hump, but that didn't bother me too much.

I've been GASing for one again a little bit, but I also agree there are much better pedals out there. So unless you find a deal you can't pass up for a used one, you might want to keep searching.

I found one for $150.00, I played it today, liked it, but didn't buy, yet.

The guy said he will "talk to the manager" and maybe go lower on the price.

I thought I would get some feedback here.

• Members

Originally posted by SeeMoore

I found one for $150.00, I played it today, liked it, but didn't buy, yet.

The guy said he will "talk to the manager" and maybe go lower on the price.

I'd say if you liked it enough, and they come down on the price some (like maybe $20-30) it'd be worth it. One thing I'd suggest, to make sure it works for you, is to bring in your amp and listen to it through that if you can. If not, then ask if you can have a trial period to make sure it works in your setup.

It also would depend on what type of music you plan on using it for. I found that I needed it in boost mode to push my amp into full distortion at lower volume levels, but like d0zerz pointed out if you want it just a bit dirty, then be able to kick it up this pedal might be the one for you.

• Members

I used to have one I used when I had my Fender Hot Rod Deville. It was a good pedal, but it was very bland. Someone else said it... It was just bland and generic. I ended up selling it and have since ended up with the TS808 reissue and Keeley BD-2 combo and could not be happier. And if you think about it, this is similar to what the Fulldrive tries to accomplish. A tubescreamer-y pedal (TS808) with a boost (BD-2).

• Members

I'm replacing mine with two Timmys. One for medium gain OD, and another one for a post distortion lead boost. The OD is more transparent than the FD, and the lead boost will be in a better place in my signal chain. I'm pretty happy with the Fulldrive though, and I'm thinking of putting together a second board for different amps that sound better with the FD.

• Members

I was using one (both a regular and a 10th Anni) and used it mostly on comp-cut. I have since sold both of them as the Skreddy Screw Driver does a much better job to me for that type of sound. The Screw Driver and the Eternity have become my main OD's now with a COT50 sprinkled in.

Archived