What is your favorite Flanger pedal?

• Members

I have a corded 70s MXR, an 80s Boss BF2 and an Electro Harmonix Electric Mistress......

The Boss sweep doesn't sound as linear as the MXR or the EH but is more dramatic.

The EH is pretty mild, but has a cool tone. I don't like the bulky size.

The MXR sounds about right for me.....

I've never tried any other brands. I wonder what the Ibanez sounds like.... or if they even made a Flanger ? :confused:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Dr. Tweedbucket

I have a corded 70s MXR, an 80s Boss BF2 and an Electro Harmonix Electric Mistress......

The Boss sweep doesn't sound as linear as the MXR or the EH but is more dramatic.

The EH is pretty mild, but has a cool tone. I don't like the bulky size.

The MXR sounds about right for me.....

I've never tried any other brands. I wonder what the Ibanez sounds like.... or if they even made a Flanger ?
:confused:

I have a BOSS BF-2 (MIJ) it is alot thicker sounding than the MIK version BF-2 I had. Gets some decent flang tones.

• Members
Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

Yes but the world is full of people who are happy to settle for less.
:D

Tikirocker... I am actually not the kind of person to do that. I've had pedals before that I've bought, tried something new and realized it was so much better, and immediately put what I just bought on eBay or I've taken it back. I'm honestly really anal about stuff like that. Chances are, if there is a pedal that is as quiet, lush sounding, and has as many useful tweaks as the new Boss flanger, I will want it. SHOW IT TO ME IF IT EXISTS! :)

• Members
Originally posted by 48729zjd

I like my Ibanez DFL and Foxrox TZF. However, I'd still like to pick up an A/DA Flanger some day.
:cool:

That Foxrox makes some killer sounds -- more like "natural" tape flanging than traditional flanger effects (not that I dislike traditional flangers)... too bad it's 4 Benjamins!

Archived