Roll up Roll up, get your Loveclones!

hempathy

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by hempathy

It is a distraction that belongs outside of this thread.

He could have PM'd me about it.

See .sig. :) Apologies if you think I was OT.

Good luck in getting 2 stompswitches, 3 pots, 3 audio jacks, a DC jack AND a rotary switch AND a PCB in a 1590BB. It's only possible using surface mount parts, and that's a cost I'm not willing to run with. Yet. :)

BTW, people perhaps frustrated by the pricing - shouldn't be. Hempathy is charging a very reasonable price considering the effort that goes into making such a relatively small run of pedals. Plus from what I've seen on the diystompboxes forum, his work is top-notch. Not every cloner is created equal - keep that in mind when perusing clones and 808 etc variants on ebay etc.

• Members

Originally posted by TaronKeim

Not only that... this is technically SPAM... so this thread shouldn't even exist:D

-TJK

True, true.

I guess they're being more lenient these days than they used to be. I remember when UnkleSlam would get threads deleted if he happened to mention that he was stocking a new pedal.

• Members

Plus, its less than half the price of an original second in the UK then + VAT.

Oh, It doesn't seem like a bad price per say but there again you can still get a Cheese Source (OD plus fuzz) from the original designer for 269 pounds at the moment.

• Members

Originally posted by unbeliever

BTW, people perhaps frustrated by the pricing - shouldn't be.

Didn't think it was frustration over Hemps pricing but more the exchange issue which is always an issue in this world of ever increasing oil prices ... the price at the pump affects everything.

• Members

How many big cheese clones does one man need to offer?

:rolleyes:

I must admit, you seem to be stretching out modded pedals and forming nearly a whole product line. Wish I had the foresight to be a third party cloner.

Takes some marketing genius.

:evil:
:p

I am sure there is alot more to it. Its not easy to make pedals to a consistent high standard.

Is the loveclone a Big cheese?

• Members
Originally posted by basscracker

How many big cheese clones does one man need to offer?

:rolleyes:

I must admit, you seem to be stretching out modded pedals and forming nearly a whole product line. Wish I had the foresight to be a third party cloner.

Takes some marketing genius.

:evil:
:p

Wait for it... wait for it...

• Members

I am waiting for Skreddy to come on in and slate me.(wont happen) I am not being hypocritical either, this isnt a pedal line, its a small run. I thought I would offer these seeing as I did the work for a custom job anyway.

You dont know what the funds from this will offer you.

Clones are a means to an end for me.

Prepare for better things to come.

:)

• Members
Originally posted by endo23

Bummer about the Polyphase
:(
... If anyone here in the states will build me one based on that schematic, I'll pay good $$$

I didnt release a schematic for my version that will fit in a 1590BB. Even the original schematics dont come close in terms of LFO decoupling + noise reduction techniques. Larger PCB I guess.

Using my PCB....contact me first.....its a loser in terms of money + time though.

I actually bought the parts for the limited run before I realised it wasnt economical. Yes, I lost money.

I have about 100 CLM8200/2 that are my staple optoisolator just now.

I will build a one off for the right price. The design just isn't worth building over and over again.

To my knowledge the ones left are The Brown source, ?flange and doppelganger.

I have seen many schematics for the brown source but I don't believe any of them to be correct.

I could offer a brown source clone if someone who owns one would be kind enough to work with me via email to rev eng it. I would certainly make it worth their while.

Crud, that reminds me - I had hired someone to do a BS clone for me a while back, then I won an ebay auction for one, and IIRC, they asked to see mine due to the concerns over the different schematics out there. I haven't wanted to give it up - I've been using it on sessions. But I suppose I should try to remember who the heck it was and get back to them. :o

Since I have a BS and a Dop and a Wob already, and no interest in a Meatball or Ring Stinger, my vote for "best potential Loveclone" is the ? / aka Flange With No Name. I'd pay a reasonable price for one of those. :)

• Members

Originally posted by elctmist

That's fine, I was just curious. It's one of the few wierdo modulation pedals I've never tried.

A word of advice though, if you're really going to do this, try not to cop such an attitude, there's at least two people I know of that can make these cheese clones -- not to mention the cheesesource itself. They aren't some kind aren't some kind of gold dust that can't be acquired. And you haven't really established a reputation yet.

I mean as it stands you have a long list of stuff you could potentially make but you don't have any clips that I know of and no word of mouth to speak of. That's fine, but it takes a while to get a buzz going. A clips and testimonials site would probably be a good thing. I may sound a little harsh but that seems to be how its done.

And are you working on any original designs?

DJ

I am working on original designs.

I am lowering the price.

I am offering these now for

• Members
Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe

Crud, that reminds me - I had hired someone to do a BS clone for me a while back, then I won an ebay auction for one, and IIRC, they asked to see mine due to the concerns over the different schematics out there. I haven't wanted to give it up - I've been using it on sessions. But I suppose I should try to remember who the heck it was and get back to them.
:o

Since I have a BS and a Dop and a Wob already, and no interest in a Meatball or Ring Stinger, my vote for "best potential Loveclone" is the ? / aka Flange With No Name. I'd pay a reasonable price for one of those.
:)

A friend and I tried to get some decent pictures from two owners a while back. We got some pictures however they werent good enough to reveng from.

Archived