Roll up Roll up, get your Loveclones!

hempathy

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

how do these things sound? (im guessing it sounds exactly like the lovetone version) but how does that sound?

i want a fuzz that can get very thick vintagey tones (creamy), but sounds incredibly analog and powerful/punchy?

should i jump on board?

• Members

Originally posted by hempathy

Flying Pan

Just curious - you've done your own PCB layout for this, I gather then? What FETs and transistors did you use? There's no parts values on the single schematic that goes around, and getting these correct - not to mention getting the resistor values correct - took me a huge amount of effort.

Mike

• Members

Originally posted by unbeliever

Just curious - you've done your own PCB layout for this, I gather then? What FETs and transistors did you use? There's no parts values on the single schematic that goes around, and getting these correct - not to mention getting the resistor values correct - took me a huge amount of effort.

Mike

Morning Mike ... how was last night? :wave:

• Members

Mike

Hi Mike

Long Story short I used the pointers from one of your early schematics and layouts.

We had words about me distributing it once. Its never left my computer since.

I will never sell a clone out of respect. You did most of the work.

Paul

• Members

Hi Mike

Long Story short I used the pointers from one of your early schematics and layouts.

We had words about me distributing it once. Its never left my computer since.

I will never sell a clone out of respect. You did most of the work.

Paul

Thanks ..... but mostly I was completely curious as to how you might have done the 'detective' work on that unit. Word is the 777 it sounds 'just like' the original FP, but seeing as those pedals are now 25-30 years old and would have hum and component drift I'm not completely sure that's a good thing.... :)

Mike

• Members

Originally posted by Teddy boy

I'd be interested in a doppelganger clone. Any chance of one of those?

I've been tossing around the idea of doing that next, but I'm not quite sure. It seems like there are a lot of great phasers out there these days...

• Members

Thanks ..... but mostly I was completely curious as to how you might have done the 'detective' work on that unit. Word is the 777 it sounds 'just like' the original FP, but seeing as those pedals are now 25-30 years old and would have hum and component drift I'm not completely sure that's a good thing....
:)

Mike

I understand your protectionism.

However, your hijacking my thread here Mike.

PM me about it.

:thu:

Component drift is not a substitute for reading resistor + cap codes.

Given the fact the Luxury of manufacturing a small boutique style production run offers you staying true to the original design, it is bound to give you "Just like the vintage panner" results.

;)

Dont get hung up on component drift.

Some lovetone Big cheese clones are still available, perhaps not for much longer.

• Members

You can, of course, do what you like - just not with my PCB layout.
;)

OT - nice looking boxes.
:cool:

I wouldn't "shirk" to run in direct competition with you Mike. Your too nice a guy, who I respect. Plus the 777 is a very niche market.(although I really hope you do well)

I would have put it in a 1590BB though.

;)

I don't think you were aiming for the pedal board user though.

• Members

It is a distraction that belongs outside of this thread.

He could have PM'd me about it.

Threads tend to take on various tangents at times - it seemed pretty on topic to me - threads tend to belong to everybody I would have thought; chillin is good business too. :cool:

Archived