Looking for a new Dirt pedal

usa83strat

• Members

Hey guys,

Ok so ive been using a ts-9/808, sd-1/808/fulldrive and a route 66 for about a year now, and i've grown tired of the mid range hump. so im looking at getting a new Overdrive/distortion pedal.

I want something that is open, witch the ts-9 type pedals arent and they color the tone to much. it needs to be around $150 or lower. flatter eq a lil midrange is good but im tired of losing bass responce and treble shimmer.

thing ive been looking at:

Maxon or Ibanez sd-9

Boss bd-2 (modded?)

Heres what im planning my rig to be:

Strat(single coils)>DOD bi-fet preamp> Crybaby classic> Phaser> )inser new dirt here)> Monsterpiece NpN Fuzz> Delay(recomendation here are welcome too)>Fender Hot rod deluxe.

I play mostly Funky blues, but dable in experimental and progressive rock.

• Members

I have a Cusack Screamer Fuzz (black, s/n 77) that I'll let go for $145 shipped UPS. No mid hump like a TS, more like a raunchy (by blending the fuzz & scream knobs) open-sounding TS.

Also have an Aramat Green Machine but that'd probably be too much like what you already have.

Have a couple of "heavy" distortions too, an AMT Du Hast, H&K Warp Factor, and Rocktron Metal Planet.

Read the reviews & PM me if you're interested in anything.

Pedalgeek has good clips of the AMT pedals.

• Members

the tube zone from mi is extremely versatile.

would knock pretty much any light-heavy gain dirt box off your board....that is if you dont mind meddling with knobs all the time. I have spoken to people who love it for thick heavy rock/metal tones, TS-style tones, and slight crunchy blues. and its chrome!!!

His Blues Pro is also very good. not as heavy, but covers the low-medium stuff really well.

Havent tried a crunchbox (doubt it would suit your needs anyway) or the new Blue Boy deluxe. Havent had a chance to check out the fuzzes either.

www.miaudio.com

one stop shop for dirt

• Members

I'd recommend one of Dave Barber's boxes. The Direct Drive is basically a more open TS with additional EQ options and trimmers to really tweak the sound to match your guitar/amp.

If you can spend a bit more dough, though, I believe the Lovepedal Eternity is the be-all, end-all OD box.

• Members

Originally posted by endo23

I'd recommend one of Dave Barber's boxes. The Direct Drive is basically a more open TS with additional EQ options and trimmers to really tweak the sound to match your guitar/amp.

If you can spend a bit more dough, though, I believe the Lovepedal Eternity is the be-all, end-all OD box.

any pics to gas me up?

also i put the ts9/808 before my comp ( the way i had my set up when i was buying all these ts style pedals) and i really like the tone yes it is compressed and not open but there is clarity , and is not muddy but i cant see it being my main tone, plus i really like the way the ts-9 boosts my fuzz.

so i been thinking the following:

selling my route 66

selling my sd-1/808/fulldrive

keeping the ts-9/808 and getting it modded (AM silver? or a keeley?)

getting a new Ross style compressor

getting a modded blues driver ( diy mods? or keeley?) or a sd-9 need to find one to retest so see if it is what i want

• Members

Originally posted by vigor&kandor

I dont know exactly how much gain your looking for but i just built the Thuderchief from OLC. Based off a marshall super lead 100w. plus it sounds great with my Hot Rod Deluxe.

any clips?

Archived