Electro Haromonix POG with Ric 370/6

• Members

I guess this is the correct place for this post. I just had to share my experience with the POG I just purchased. I am the original owner of a Ric 370/12 Roger McGuinn that I purchased in 1989. I have been gigging with it in a classic rock band since 1995, in addition to my various strats and teles. I love the Ric, but have become increasingly nervous about taking it to our various gigs, mostly in bars, due to it's ever increasing value. I was lucky enough to purchase an almost new Ric 370/6 with vintage toasters for $1200.00. It's a great looking and playing guitar, but I knew I was going to miss that 12 string jangle. After some input from people on the Rickenbacker forum at Ric's website, I read the reviews for the POG here at Harmony Central. I took the plunge and all I can say is I'm glad I did! In the 12 string setting, it tracks so fast, that chords have that ringing sound that just sings out vintage Ric! My Digitech Whammy can't do this and neither can the RP100. The POG was pricey, but worth every penny since I can now retire my 370/12 and just play it at home in the studio.

• Members

Originally posted by Stratosteam

I haven't tried the 12 string with the POG, but it should be interesting; a 24 string sound?

hmmm, try the 18 string setting on the POG with the 12 string, that should give an errrr (not enough fingers) lotta string sound

Archived