Only 1 dirt pedal on your board appreciation thread.

papa taco

• Members

got an awesome deal from dan at fuzzology a few years back when he started out.

fuzz factory, super hard on, ibanez bc9, peachfuzz, keeley comp and an ooh wah for $1k. incl delivery. great guy to deal with. doesnt look to be updating the site anymore.

but yeah, worth every penny. had an on off relationship with it for a while, but with the sho set for sparke, they are a match made in heaven. the only pedals that survived from that batch above.

• Members

Originally posted by thebazaar

got an awesome deal from dan at fuzzology a few years back when he started out.

fuzz factory, super hard on, ibanez bc9, peachfuzz, keeley comp and an ooh wah for $1k. incl delivery. great guy to deal with. doesnt look to be updating the site anymore.

but yeah, worth every penny. had an on off relationship with it for a while, but with the sho set for sparke, they are a match made in heaven. the only pedals that survived from that batch above.

That's a serious investment ... had you tried any of these units before you bought them? I have always mean't to go drop in at Fuzzology as it's in town but I never really liked the prices - the Frantone stuff is wayyyyy overpriced for my money - I just get my gear online trad or through ebay or boutique deals - I can't justify paying for the overheads of people running a store added to cost of a pedal - I just want the pedal not their rent on my back.

Nice if you dig it though. :thu:

• Members

i hadnt tried one when i bought them.

can understand the price thing though.

tymguitars have them a bit cheaper but at the time i was new to buying over the net, so i kept it local.

Dan sent me a distortion pro, cream puff, brooklyn od, keeley ds1, and baked ts9 to try out with the peachfuzz.

whichever i wanted, i sent the rest back.

the DP was really good, esp with the strat, but needed a dirty amp to go into. the brooklyn was cool, but a bit thinner than the peach. keeley DS1 was really nice too, but the fact the peach can do overdrive, distortion and fuzz really clinched the deal. I had a jekyll and hyde at the time, so the TS9 went back too.

it was a tax refund cheque too, so i didnt mind so much blowing it on pedals. had my board pretty much sorted for a year. picked up a vibutron for trem (another i stupidly sold) from him a few months later and i dont think anything changed for quite a while.

now all that remains is the super hard on, teese rmc2 and the peach....wish i kept the vibutron and keeley though...

• Members

Originally posted by thebazaar

i hadnt tried one when i bought them.

now all that remains is the super hard on, teese rmc2 and the peach....wish i kept the vibutron and keeley though...

Cool that he sent them out to you to try ... great deal - wish more people did that actually. The Vibutron was the only unit I remember that really interested me when I was looking at that stuff ... I can understand why you'd miss it.

• Members

when i get some spare cash its high on the list to replace.

maybe 3rd or 4th in line. still a couple of months away. i miss tremolo. thought about the catalinbread too. wish someone in melbourne stocked them so i could try one

• Members

Originally posted by FranklinD

I want one that cleans up well, that's my goal. I have a Jaugernig DGTM tube screamer clone that is only okay in that department.....

I have a Analog Man Sunlion, both the treble boost side and the fuzz side clean up really well, so I want an OD that will do the same.

I'm on a Zendrive wait list, then I'll try a Lovepedal if that doesn't do it.

You are describing a Skreddy Screwdriver my friend.... look into it. Very versatile. Oh yeah a COT 50 would be nice as well.

Archived