well, boyos, we got owned. did you see KT TUNSTALL on LENO?

seifukusha

• Members
Originally posted by seifukusha

looked like a jamman

When I read an interview with her, it was an Akai Headrush she was rockin'. She started using it because she wanted something "different" for doing solo shows before she got signed, and thought it was cool that she had such a "boy's toy" in her arsenal.

She told a great story about it too- she uses it for vocal loops as well as guitar, and one night she was recording the initial guitar loop for one of her songs, and she thought she'd ballsed it up, so she shouted "oh, f**k it!" into the mic.

Turns out the loop was fine, but the vocal mic was routed to the looper, so the whole song had a loop of her shouting "oh, f**k it!" :D:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Jokoker

There ya' go.

The Dresden Dolls video is hilarious. A mime is playing the drums.

Don't knock the Dresden Dolls. I saw them live and they kick ass. I'd love to see some of the upstart emo {censored}s try to play drums like that guy, ie creatively.

Also Tally Hall are great too (on that list)

• Members

Originally posted by Lanefair

Don't knock the Dresden Dolls. I saw them live and they kick ass. I'd love to see some of the upstart emo {censored}s try to play drums like that guy, ie creatively.

Also Tally Hall are great too (on that list)

Erm..

I knocked them? I actually liked it. I wouldn't have posted it otherwise. What would best get unknowns interested in checking them out? A "Hey dudes watch this video!" or an ice-breaker? But, yeah i agree the drummer is awesome.

• Members

Originally posted by Jokoker

Erm..

I knocked them? I actually liked it. I wouldn't have posted it otherwise. What would best get unknowns interested in checking them out? A "Hey dudes watch this video!" or an ice-breaker? But, yeah i agree the drummer is awesome.

Ahh, I wasn't having a go, or calling you emo or anything, just being my sleep deprived abrasive self.

• Members
Originally posted by Lanefair

Ahh, I wasn't having a go, or calling you emo or anything, just being my sleep deprived abrasive self.

No problem. :thu:

If you guys like what KT did, check out Andrew Bird or Leslie Feist.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by seifukusha

looked like a jamman, built up a whole song on the sampler with the audience singing into it to (well, clapping) and proceeded to rock out. Man, thats sweet. anyway, heres a similair performance and alot of other cool stuff...

I caught her video for Black Horse / Cherry Tree, so i started looking at her web sites. Came across a diagram of the setup she uses with the Headrush. Anubody else seen that setup diagram? I have a copy of it, can't make out all of the component names but would like to duplicate / try it. I have a JPG i could email for viewing. Thought she did a fine job with the setup.

thanks / tommy

Archived