PSA ACA Damn why doesnt the pedal just work?

scott_335

• Members

So I searched and found some grreat info on the whole 1997 Boss switch to the PSA. I didnt even care, I did not even own a guitar in 97. But now I have a really old GE-7. The guy at GC doesnt know what the deal is, and I end up going home with a onespot. But not with the jumper cable.

My question in this: Can I use a 12 volt nonregulated power supply from something else without hurting the pedal or causing noise?

Another question: is the sniper mod worth it? how hard is it to do yourself?

• Members

Don't just grab any 12 volt supply you find - you need to know for sure that everything matches (plug polarity, output voltage and type etc), so you'd need to do some research first.

If you're going to use the GE-7 in a pedal chain with other pedals, you can power it from a daisy chain. As long as there's at leas one "normal" pedal in the chain (with both power and signal cables hooked up), the GE-7 will receive full power. If you want to power it on its own, you will either need a 12vDC supply, or have someone modify the pedal to work with 9 volts on the adapter jack. It isn't too hard to do, but you do need to know a little about electronics and soldering.

/Andreas

Archived