Looper for 777 (one in / two out)

RockNote

• Members

As will be apparent from my recent posts in the Amps Forum, I am trying desperately to figure out how to integrate a Prophesysound 777 in such a way that I don't compromise my KISS philosophy. As the 777 is a panning phaser with one in-jack and two out-jacks, it needs a stereo rig. It is not true bypass, so I would like a TB looper for it. I have been looking at the Lehle D.Loop which is neat; however, I am not sure if it is entirely right for this application.

I am hoping it will allow me to do this: Guitar > (Loop 1: 777 / Loop 2: OD & other mono pedals) > amp 1 + amp 2.

The advantages of this setup are as follows. The Lehle looper allows me to true bypass the 777. The Lehle looper allows me to add overdrive after (or before) phase at the click of 1 button. Plus, my OD and other mono pedals can be true bypassed as well.

Obviously I am going to need a couple of Y cables. I am concerned if this way of integrating/splitting the stereo signal entails a compromise on signal purity. Further, I am not sure how the stereo/mono thing works exactly. The Lehle looper can rout stereo or mono signals. What I have outlined is a combination of the two. When both loops are engaged, the 777's stereo signal is routed to OD and other mono pedals. I am hoping - in vain I fear - that the mono signal can be somehow double tracked, so as to put OD on both channels. But somehow it doesn't look right to me - is there a looper that can do the trick for me? Thanks.

• Members

Originally posted by NanookRubsIt

The 777 uses 3PDT stomp switches for true bypass. It's on the features page...

good luck..

I have been in touch with the manufacturer - and at some length too (I am horrible that way) - as per the original it is not TB.

• Members
Originally posted by RockNote

I have been in touch with the manufacturer - and at some length too (I am horrible that way) - as per the original it is not TB.

gotcha....just saw that it used 3pdt switches...and ass-ummed. :D

Archived