Keeley Compressor on the way, pedal chain position suggestions please

• Members

The Keeley is on the way, Biker orange =) , Compressor

Currently i have a EVH MXR phaser, and Crybaby Wah, Both in a floor board Loopmaster loop however so i can pull these in and out at will, also just got the Fulltone OCD yesterday.

I have an intellifex in the Loop of the Boogie recto rack mount head as well.

My thoughts are to run it first in the chain.

Am I feeling the mojo, or am I off?

Thanks much,

05420060617124111768_1.gif

• Members

Originally posted by ZeroFiveFour

I edited it after reading the comments, so in essence I'm the one at fault,

many apologies

Regarding the bazooka series, that I dont know.

What is the bazooka series?

i think it s actually the BAzooka JOe series, like the bubble gum, its the same circuit with "bubble gum" colors, he had some baby blue and pink ones, but im not sure if the orange is a regular color.

• Members

Originally posted by usa83strat

i think it s actually the BAzooka JOe series, like the bubble gum, its the same circuit with "bubble gum" colors, he had some baby blue and pink ones, but im not sure if the orange is a regular color.

Ahh I see.

This was available via his 'custom color' options, so most likely it is from a series of sorts. It sure does look it could be part of the Bazooka series. I'd like to know for sure if any one can confirm this.

Thanks much,

• Members

To answer your actual question, you'll need to experiment. I run (and Keeley suggests) comp AFTER my ODs... MANY people prefer the opposite though.

2 distinct sounds, and you will most likely prefer one or the other... Enjoy!

• Members

Originally posted by usa83strat

it was edited to include that it was a compressor. that is one cool looking comp, is it from the bazooka series.

Did some googling and found this at musictoyz.com

http://www.musictoyz.com/guitar/pedals/keeley.php

I didnt see the orange there.

I think this is not a bazooka series, as it doesnt have the comic on the bottom, lol what a laugh =)

guess its just a unique color.

I like it =)

• Members

Another thing to think about is the fact that the Keeley Comp makes plenty of compression even with the Sensitivity knob all the way CCW, I never turn my Sensitivity knob up past 9:00...I just don't want to see you posting next week how the Keeley Comp killed all your dynamics and {censored} because you turned the Sensitivity up too far, you will dig it! ;)

• Members
Originally posted by StratStevo

Another thing to think about is the fact that the Keeley Comp makes plenty of compression even with the Sensitivity knob all the way CCW, I never turn my Sensitivity knob up past 9:00...I just don't want to see you posting next week how the Keeley Comp killed all your dynamics and {censored} because you turned the Sensitivity up too far, you will dig it!
;)

I appreciate that information very much. Thanks.

I've always subscribed to the school of thought that sometimes a little is much better than over doing it when effects are concerned.

...but then there are those other times =P

I'll most likely use it for clean tones, I'm curious as to how it will affect my high gain sounds...

Can't wait... woot

Archived