switchless wahs

• Members

A complaint I've often seen is concerning their non-vocal qualities. My wah ownership history is as follows:

Dunlop JH-1
Vox
Bad Horsie I (switchless)
Dunlop 535(Q?)
Ibanez WD-7 (switchless)
Fulltone Clyde

and.....

I went back to Morley but in the form of the Bad Horsie II.

Why?

Switches are a pain in the ass. I hate having to engage the damn things. I love "step and go". The BH-II now has a contour knob and switch which make it produce better tones. Is it the best? No. Is it adequate enough for me? More than so. Am I glad I went back to switchless? Absolutely - no regrets.

• Members

i've only had 3 wahs:

JD 535CB
JD 535Q
Morley Tremonti

i love the range & vocal qualities of the 535Q, IMO its better than the Tremonti in that aspect....but i sold it anyway cuz, yes like TheAtomicJeff i feel switches are a pain in the ass too....& the tremonti is gd enuff for now not terribly versatile though...

really have to check out one of those horsie IIs....:D

• Members

Originally posted by TheAtomicJeff

A complaint I've often seen is concerning their non-vocal qualities. My wah ownership history is as follows:

Dunlop JH-1

Vox

Bad Horsie I (switchless)

Dunlop 535(Q?)

Ibanez WD-7 (switchless)

Fulltone Clyde

and.....

I went back to Morley but in the form of the Bad Horsie II.

Why?

Switches are a pain in the ass. I hate having to engage the damn things. I love "step and go". The BH-II now has a contour knob and switch which make it produce better tones. Is it the best? No. Is it adequate enough for me? More than so. Am I glad I went back to switchless? Absolutely - no regrets.

I agree! I love being able to "step and go" with my Bad Horsie 2.. it's not the funkiest wah, but it works great for me.

Archived