WC-Brazil vs Australia

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Due to the fact that Kaka is a douchebag, i'll go with Australia on this one. It's for the pride of my Aussie relatives also :)

However, support and result are two different things! But that's why football is so good :thu:

Bring on tuesday, I smell blood, sweat and semi-disposable pine furniture :p

• Members

Half time and we are outplaying the Brazilians ... VERY happy with our performances so far. Viduka is having a HUGE game as capt and so is Craig Moore and Lucas Neill in defense. Other honourable mentions go out to Timmy Cahill who is doing a great job tracking back in defense also ... pity we lost Popa but Bresciano is bringing some goods to the game.

We will win or draw but not lose this game. :thu:

• Members

0-0 at the half!

Come on oz! Brazil look slow and boring... only looked dangerous a couple of times. Australia on the other hand are shooting everytime one of them gets the ball with 40 yards of Dida (which is happening alot!)

they're going to find the back of the net eventually!:D

• Members

Well ... they didn't deserve that.

Credit to them but I don't feel bad for our boys, I feel we played a great game and matched them on the park; the luck went Brazils way ... alas.

We are still in it though and most likely will go through against Croatia now. :thu:

Good game.

• Members

australia played a great game, but freakin brazil once again found the mojo that makes them so

strong. they can be beat, they have defensive flaws, and i would be surprised if they went all the

way. look out for argentina, portugal italy:rolleyes:

• Members

Told ya... :thu:

Brazil has alot of tricks. (They were playing below average, just like the last game against Croatia - Ronaldo was better though - and still managed to get a 2x0 victory.)

Defensive flaws are historical - the thing is, most of the time, the players outcome this problem by playing an offensive game and keeping the opposite side on it's field.

I'm pretty sure the later stages will demand more from every team (even from the - now - holy Argentina). Classic teams always play better after the group stage anyway.

Kewell should be playing from the beginning, that would give Australia some fair chances of getting a draw, at least.

Let's see what comes from the next round.

• Members

bah, brazil always play just to win. Australia did well, and showed we can mix it with the best, but I think Brazil always had the game won. If Australia went ahead they would've just picked up the pace and scored at will. No-one really expected us to win so no loss, we'll beat Croatia and go through to the next round, which will be a great achievement for the underrated Aussies!

• Members

Originally posted by milodubsky

bah, brazil always play just to win. Australia did well, and showed we can mix it with the best, but I think Brazil always had the game won. If Australia went ahead they would've just picked up the pace and scored at will. No-one really expected us to win so no loss, we'll beat Croatia and go through to the next round, which will be a great achievement for the underrated Aussies!

i agree! at least your team will advance! i dunno what my beloved azzurri need though, but they are no longer a force to be reckoned with. good

luck!:wave:

australia played their hearts out, brazil is just brazil!:evil:

• Members
Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

Well will draw or win ... we will not lose this match. I'm looking forward to when the Brazilians substitute on Lee Renaldo from Sonic Youth for Ronaldo.

:D :D :D :D

• Members
Originally posted by Juat

:D

All credit to your team ... but I think we played just as well as Brazil but got unlucky with the ball not falling our way ... also the Referee gave 100's of freekicks to Brazil and treated them like a protected species!

Ahh well ... :cool:

• Members

All credit to your team ... but I think we played just as well as Brazil but got unlucky with the ball not falling our way ... also the Referee gave 100's of freekicks to Brazil and treated them like a protected species!

Ahh well ...
:cool:

They are a protected species right?
Australia were AMAZING! No one will want to play them in the latter stages! NO ONE!
:D :D :D

• Members

Ahh well ...
:cool:

Yeah, remember that play when Ronaldo kicked the ball away just to get his leg "broken" by the defender?

Definitely treated like a protected species. :rolleyes:

Come on, the game has rules! - and the referee didn't even bother to book some of the Australian guys, either for rough fouls or "continuous foul behaviour".

• Members
Originally posted by Ultra.Fuzz

Yeah, remember that play when Ronaldo kicked the ball away just to get his leg broken by the defender?

Definitely treated like a protected species.
:rolleyes:

Come on, the game has rules! - and the referee didn't even bother to book some of the Australian guys, either for rough fouls or "continuous foul behaviour".

I disagree ... there were stupid things given to Brazil like when Emerton innocently ran into a Brazil player and Brazil were given a free kick! :rolleyes:

Yeah right ... you can't even give credit where it's due; Brazil will not win the world cup by the way. :wave:

Archived