what wah?

collisster

• Members

I'd like to just dispell a few myths ... there are no wahs for specific brands or types of music - you have some different voicings for wahs but you can use any wah for any type of music. Specifying the type of music you play is really redundant to your resultant options.

Oh and ... Colorsound.

• Members

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

I'd like to just dispell a few myths ... there are no wahs for specific brands or types of music - you have some different voicings for wahs but you can use any wah for any type of music. Specifying the type of music you play is really redundant to your resultant options.

Oh and ... Colorsound.

The thing is......a lot of wah's are way too sublte with heavy distortion (i.e. all crybaby's). So knowing that he plays with distortion on all the time helps a bit. That being said, can't go wrong with the snarling dog's wonder wah 2 or if you need more sounds the whino wah.

• Members

Originally posted by freeridstylee

The thing is......a lot of wah's are way too sublte with heavy distortion (i.e. all crybaby's). So knowing that he plays with distortion on all the time helps a bit. That being said, can't go wrong with the snarling dog's wonder wah 2 or if you need more sounds the whino wah.

Hendrix used Vox and Crybaby ...

• Members

ive head good thing about the dunlops 535q? i cant remember the exact name of it , its got a fasel and switcheble voicings for like 10 more bucks that the classic. that being said i got a classic and fir the price i dont think it can be beat m i just dint need the extrav oicings as i was happy witht eh sound it gets. thing is that now its turned into a volume /wah/ bot switcheble or anything . but as i sweep up the higher frequences get louder and as i sweep down the lower parts gets softer and i mean noticable louder and noticable softer. i opened it and it surface mounted cicuit. so if any know what could be caisung this, please let me know.

p.s. i did used to run my od in front of my wah for a while could i have {censored}ed the fasel up for it to do this?

• Members

Originally posted by usa83strat

p.s. i did used to run my od in front of my wah for a while could i have {censored}ed the fasel up for it to do this?

Supposedly, there is no wrong order of effects as regards damage. But I am a little curious about this too; say, if a 20 dB boost is always fine and dandy. Also, I wonder what kind of current flows in the fx loop as opposed to before the preamp.

Archived