compressor for metal

• Members

no---it will smooth out your sound or it will add punch all depending on how you set it. it will not kill feedback. you can set your noise gate to compress your sound--it will also get rid of your feedback while open playing. unless you have some wiring issues of course

• Members

NONE! that is the best compressor for metal keep in mind that the distortion is compressing the sound al ready. so it will be to much evenness if you will what you want is to stand a lil farther away from you amp so it wont feed back as much, a noise gate can kill feed back and some playuing dinamics too.

• Members

i play metal (but thats not all i play) and when i do i prefer a compressor and lower gain, i love the way it "feels" to play with my compressor. Rather than higher gain and no compressor. I'm almost always using my cs-3 opto mod compressor (monte allums) where with my stock CS-3 i used it for cleans only (and not very often).

if you only play super high gain stuff all the time you get major compression from that already so a compressor will be of no use to you.

• Members
Originally posted by Pigsinzen

Opto Modded CS-3s from Monte simply rock.

:wave:

I love mine. Great on boost or clean. ESP clean.

I can almost get that clean compressed Fender twin tone out of my Marshall's clean channel using it.

i agree man

Archived