POD XT LIVE sqeals/ghastly noise

• Members

Hi, help required please.

I am a relatively new POD user and am having quite alot of problems getting correct sound levels and avoidoing horrible squeals, feedback with it.

I have a Marshall JCM2000 DSL 50 head and 4 x 12 300w cabinet and I am connecting my pod using the effects send and return on the amp.

Guitarwise Mex Powerhouse Strat and Epiphone LP Standard.

If I want my marshalls tone I unswitch the amp footswitch of any pod tones and use the effects only.

When I use my amps clean channel and select some of the pod tones with amp modelling I get some awful squeals/hissings and grotesque sounds that i can control. I just cant control the noise

It is particulalrly bad when I use the strat, I wonder if it could be anything to do with the circuitry in the strat, being a powerhouse strat it has the 12db active boost circuit.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know, I really want to get on with this piece of kit as there are some great tones but at the moment I can only get them at low practice volume or in headphones, as soon as I play at a live level it goes wrong.

Cheers

Grant

• Members

The first step would be to turn the midboost knob on the Powerhouse all the way down. That will tell you if the midboost is casuing the problem.

I don't have your amp, but I have an XT Live and a Powerhouse, I will try it and see if I have any problems.

• Members

try plugging your xt into the effects return only-this bypasses the preamp in your amp and should eliminate unwanted feedback. so guitar---xt---amp. works out quite well for me-if you want your amps tone than you are better off using effects from some other source and cut out the pod altogether-sell the pod-get a g major

Archived