Best powering option for verbzilla? and more

loofery

• Members

I've searched but found nothing conclusive, anyways I've got a Verbzilla coming in and they eat batteries so I want to know what you've found to work best with them, be it the stock Line6 adapter (actually heard that was noisy) or the 1-spot or the Godlyke or Pedal Power 2, whatever.

Right now I have pedals in the double digits and I'm still running on batteries but when I get the money I can switch to an AC solution - I'm thinking a PP2 and a cheaper daisy chain.

All the pedals are pretty much no-nonsense 9V except the Verbzilla, me Soulbender (positive tip, may sound better with batteries) and a planned dd-20.

please help. thanks!

• Members

Here's a quote from Cars, Elliot Easton, on another forum:

"On the pedal board I have the aforementioned wah and compressor, plus Line 6 DL4, Echo Park delay, Verbzilla reverb, Roto Machine Leslie simulator, TC chorus and Boss flanger. These are all powered by a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power."

Hope this helps. -I may buy a Verbzilla soon. I hope it works well with my Godlyke PA9.

• Members

i have an echopark and it is noisy as hell if you daisy chain it, makes no difference which power supply you take.

i have now a pedal power 2 and the echo park on its own output. currently i only use 7 of the 8 outputs cause the fuzzfactory is running on battery and the fl-301 i have is 18V and my wah is broken i have to fix it first.

but i had 9 pedals to run with eight outputs so i needed to daisychain one output.

i have two positive grounded fuzzes (tonebender and fuzzface clone) and if you power pedals before and after those two with a daisy chain you get also noise :(

so if you want to run all your pedals on power supplies you will need at least 3 one spots (or similar): one for the verbzilla, on for the positive grounded soulbender and one for the rest.

so there are options to go cheaper, but they are also "complicated".

for me the pedalpower 2 was one of my best investments

• Members

Originally posted by sainty

On the one spot website it says ToneCore pedals are ok to be daisy chained (not much noise) but not more than one with other brands of pedals.

try it out yourself, i tried 3 different power supplys with my echo park and daisy chain, and i daisychained it on one output of my pp2 with other pedals, it was noise like hell everytime,. which magically vanished when my echopark got its own powersupply....

...if you won't rely on our experiences, get your own and try it out yourself :D

• Members

I have an SKB PS-45 pedalboard...

I plugged my echopark into the daisy chain patch bay on the pedalboard, and it produced the hum everybody has been talking about.

When I got my verbzilla, I plugged it into the daisy chain patch bay and got absolutely no hum.

Maybe not all of the tonecore pedals have the same noise issue as the echo park. It could also be that the earlier runs of the tonecores had the issue, and that later builds do not.

But I use the line 6 adapter for the echo park and the daisy chain for the verbzilla and they work fine.

Archived