OT: My band's MySpace account got deleted

Woody777

• Members

Not due to inactivity... the band broke up, but we were still getting friend requests and emails everyday. And we were checking the account at least three times a week still. The only reason I'm pissed is that our new band is almost ready to go and we were going to send friend requests to all of our old friends.

Anyway... the band was Wrestling Jacob. We played for about a year... mostly around Denver. We did alright in the local scene. Nothing to write home about, but better success that your typical bar band.

Fort Collins/Monument, huh? Are you from Monument but going to college at CSU?

• Members

No, we didn't use a bot... we only had 500 something friends and most of them really were friends, lol...

I thought maybe a bandmate might have deleted the account, but we're all good friends and I asked them all they said they didn't delete it - I have no reason to think otherwise. Also, the email we got specifically said we were in violation (it just gave a generic list of possible violations) and that the account was deleted - not that we cancelled the account.

• Members
Originally posted by Woody777

Fort Collins/Monument, huh? Are you from Monument but going to college at CSU?

Yep, and playing in a band out of Denver that practices in Boulder. I get around :)

That really sucks, I just started a page for my new band and invited everyone off of my old band's page. Dead simple and pretty effective way of transfering interest thus far...

What's your new project called?

Feel free to add me: http://www.myspace.com/thesightstheyaffect

• Members

Cool... I'm a CSU grad myself :thu:

The new band is called Factors of Seven... we have a MySpace, but no music up yet so it's kind of useless.

We just started recording an EP... so hopefully we'll be finished and playing out by late summer.

Dude... I like the song on your MySpace page... good vibe. We're probably a little to modern rock for most people on this forum... but it's what we like and what we like to play. I think we sound very Our Lady Peace...

• Members

Cool, good luck with that. My last band kind of fell into that genre as well--kind of 90's rock with a punk twist.

This band just got done recording a bunch of {censored} in a basement. That one track is all I have mixed at the moment. Two more songs should be done this week.

That stupid myspace page has helped us book about four great shows next month already. People can knock it all they want, but there's no better networking tool for bands...

• Members

hey atari...

so um, my band sounds about the same but with different sounding vocals and i do tapping MTB style. our myspace got deleted cause the {censored}in' drummer tried to bot-add people. we had like 1900 friends at the time, but only like 500 consistantly come to shows and have bought demos.

anyways, what gear were you using?

• Members

What's up?

I'm not sure it's fair to say my band plays very similarly to that song, we're kind of all over the place at the moment trying to establish a sound. We all like sing-a-longs though and that suffices...we all dig Minus the Bear.

For that recording, we used a TS9-DX and tele (Me) and an MXR Distortion+ and a Les Paul (singer) into a Twin Reverb. I've been using my master volume Marshall JMP though...

Pedalboard has been stripped down lately: Fuzz Factory, TS9-DX (or SPF Green Line), DL-4. I might throw my Phase 90 back on there, but I haven't needed it yet...

• Members

Originally posted by wembleyisgreen

did you use a bot at anytime to do friend adds? Its against their policies, I know a few guys at the myspace and they delete bands all the time for this. You should just let the music speak for itself. Or maybe another bandmate did it, but is lying.

are you compblue ?

• Members

The same thing happened to my friend, he had over a thousand friends, and his account got deleted because somebody made a complaint... funny thing is, though, his SISTER'S music account was deleted the same day. As far as he knows, he hadn't violated any terms of service.

Seems like some foul play to me...

Maybe it's the same in your case.

Archived