Beavis Gets Burgled

• Members

My laptop was stolen last night out of my car. No idea if I locked my car or not so I guess I can't get angry.

But {censored}! All my Beavis Audio stuff was on there, my schematics, my ideas, all my work in progress. Credit cards gone too but those are already cancelled.

Did I mention? {censored}!

-dano

• Members

Originally posted by dan-o-guitar

My laptop was stolen last night out of my car. No idea if I locked my car or not so I guess I can't get angry.

But {censored}! All my Beavis Audio stuff was on there, my schematics, my ideas, all my work in progress. Credit cards gone too but those are already cancelled.

Did I mention? {censored}!

-dano

I feel for ya bro but think of it as an expensive lesson ... something my old man drummed into me mercilessly since my teens was NEVER leave anything valuable in a car .... just don't ever do it. He had camera's stolen with film that could never be replaced etc etc etc ...

I'm really sorry bro - but I am stunned that you would actually leave a lap top in your car that mean't so much to you and not even know clearly if you locked up or not ... that's just asking for it. :freak:

• Members

Originally posted by Sir H C

!!!! That sucks big time. Good luck on recovering that which you lost.

Thanks. I've got a pretty good memory, hopefully I can have the interesting stuff reconstructed in about a week or so. Did you get the last email I sent you (yesterday afternoon I think)?

• Members

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

I feel for ya bro but think of it as an expensive lesson ... something my old man drummed into me mercilessly since my teens was NEVER leave anything valuable in a car .... just don't ever do it. He had camera's stolen with film that could never be replaced etc etc etc ...

I'm really sorry bro - but I am stunned that you would actually leave a lap top in your car that mean't so much to you and not even know clearly if you locked up or not ... that's just asking for it.
:freak:

Yep, absolutely true. I can be quite scatterbrained sometimes. Leaving stuff in my car is pretty stupid. Leaving it unlocked is really stupid. So like I said, I can't get too angry about this :)

• Members

bummer

couple of weeks ago, I went out for a pint and passed by a car that had a laptop on the front seat, and I said, look at that, somebody might steal that and an hour later, I walked by that car and the window was smashed and laptop was gone ...

• Members

Originally posted by bieke

bummer

couple of weeks ago, I went out for a pint and passed by a car that had a laptop on the front seat, and I said, look at that, somebody might steal that and an hour later, I walked by that car and the window was smashed and laptop was gone ...

Bingo! :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by dan-o-guitar

Thanks. I've got a pretty good memory, hopefully I can have the interesting stuff reconstructed in about a week or so. Did you get the last email I sent you (yesterday afternoon I think)?

Yes.

• Members

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

Another lesson: BACK UP! It doesn't have to be a big production. Copy your documents folder onto a CD every week or so, store email on the server and so on. Never have the only copy of anything important be on your hard drive.

Archived