O/T - What's Your GREATEST Ebay BARGAINS?

• Members

Originally posted by Filter428

If you press your heel down at the bottom of the sweep it makes your tone drop way down. There is a fat chunk of rubber under the heel portion of the pedal that allows you to do that. It sounds awesome through a loud Marshall!

I found one at a garage sale in L.A. about ten years ago in mint condition in it's original box with the Tycobrahe stickers! The kid selling it said it was his uncle's who played guitar but he passed away. He was asking $25 for it. So I bought it!
:D

$25! :eek:

• Members

Originally posted by fiveway switch

chandler digital stero echo for $41.

Fantastic deal! Those are great sleeper units. I have 2 of them, they were my main delays for years. Replaced my echoplexes. Sounds exactly like them minus the noise.

I haven't bought anything that was a great deal, but I've sold things overseas for more that I paid for them.

• Members

Whammy IV $89

Boss PN-2 $40 ish (it was broken, but I took it in and only cost a few dollars to get it fixed)

Moog Ring Mod $185

Boss HC-2 $15 ish (From our very own, Ollenorin)

I'm sure there were more, but I can't remember right now. Ebay has been kind of dry lately. I've been finding better deals at garage sales and on craigslist. I also check out small music stores in small towns, as they usually have stuff that's been just sitting in there for a long time and they don't really know what they're worth. I picked up a brand new in box Boss PC-2 for $20 and the guy at the store said it had just been sitting there for 20 years and wasnt' sure what it even did. Now I see them on Ebay for around $200.

• Members

Originally posted by wwhhaatt

i got an entire skb pedal board for 125. It had a holy grail,boss od-3 ge-7 and bf-2,ibanez de-7,vox 847,dod icebox all the cables for the skb plus the ehx adaptor. The guy tried to give me a sob story and say the grail and de-7 were involved in a basement flooding after the auction ended but I was persistent so he said he could get them from a neighbor who "happened to have extras"

:eek: how come things like that never happen to me on ebay?

Archived