Anybody in here love CREED???

ZJD

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

Nice ... yeah we're on the same page in radio taste for sure. I just remember the late 70's and early 80's of Radio being as you said more laid back and less Mr Marketing Guy! And I tend to hunt for those little public radio type shows that haven't been co-opted by powers that be with agenda's for ego's.

What's cool is when you get these old school musicology guys who ramble on about really obscure artists and shoot the {censored} regarding old album cover art and liner notes - what weird instruments may have been used and where are they now type stuff ... I liked it when you could have two guys who were for all intents and purposes like geeks for music and they have known eachother for ten years and they would make the regular radio show part of their on going discussion and debate - something you knew they were doing before they came into the studio and would continue to do after they left ... that's like blue collar radio for me.

LOVE IT!

I dont know man... when i think blue collar music, i think of the country station, or classic rock.

Maybe blue collar just means something different here.

Anyways, when i was up in seattle i listened to 3 hour show devoted entirely to Little willie John... Only public radio could bring you something like that. The guy is basically unheard of today, but so influential, on so many genres, and artists. You can turn on your top 40 station, and probably hear a bunch of things that are now cliche's that he created.

• Members

Originally posted by Brian Marshall

I dont know man... when i think blue collar music, i think of the country station, or classic rock.

Maybe blue collar just means something different here.

Anyways, when i was up in seattle i listened to 3 hour show devoted entirely to Little willie John... Only public radio could bring you something like that. The guy is basically unheard of today, but so influential, on so many genres, and artists. You can turn on your top 40 station, and probably hear a bunch of things that are now cliche's that he created.

I said Blue Collar Radio ... not BC music. It's just a metaphor, by which I mean that it's radio free of pretention or appropriation ... these are like people off the street - true enthusiasts.

Archived