I Need Some Modulation!

Last Nerve

• Members

a chorus is a good place to start. thoguh im partial to phasers, chorus is used in moderation canbe a nice effects for clean, or when you feel like an 80s cheese fest.. plus raly good sound to be had with a slow narrow chorus and a fast phaser.

whats your budget?

• Members

i find Chorus, to be Much moe usable Live than a flanger. Flanger is really a chorus with a really short delay time (1.5 to 9 mS) while chorus is more like 10ms to maybe 30ms. Though flanger is more noticable, chorus ads a nice texture to a sound. while a flanger pretty mcuh just takes over the sound. never played an A/DA flnager so cant really compare,

the key to chorus live is to use it sparingly, and in good taste, a slow shimery chorus for clean work, and a faster under water chorus for dirt seems to be the norm. and it can add somethign differnt to your sound.

vibes. are cool as well is pretty much a phaser with out a dry signal mixed in.

rignmods can be really trippy.

How about a tremolo? not really "modulation" but usefull in many diferent ways.

• Members

Ooops...Semaphore is gone (goes to change sig)

I was thinking of a AnalogMan modded TR-2 tremolo (the Semaphore wouldn't fit on the board anymore).

Would it seem stupid to have another delay?
One short, one long?

I want something that cuts through. That makes people's head turn.

• Members

i run a 2 delay set up. working on getting a 3rd. i use a dod fx-96 analog delay and a stock dd-3.

i use the dd=3 for rhythmic patterns and when i use my fuzz cause to ad dimension but retain clarity, i use the analog for clean to fatten up the sound and set the repeats high for ambient stuf (unfotunately this one doesnt oscillate)

you know a EHX deluxe memory man might be the ticket, its a nice analog dealy, it has modulation (it can do chours an vibrato) and it will self oscillate( this should definetely makes peoples heads turn.)

oh crap its probably to big.

maybe a crasier phaser, i hear the retorsonic is kinda subtle, something like a psilocybe or a quasar?

Archived