Rehearsal Spaces ...

• Members

Originally posted by sonaboy

i don't know what the policy is in Aussie land, but people around here, when they have no other convenient options, setup shop in self storage units.

they'll rent the 10x15 sized joints, and for basically about $200 a month, they have all the electricity and outlets they need, they have great security, easy loadouts, and climate control.

anyone else do that?

Actually friends of mine used to do that in the 80's and shared a space like that in an industrial self storage unit ... might be worth a look too.

• Members

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

Actually friends of mine used to do that in the 80's and shared a space like that in an industrial self storage unit ... might be worth a look too.

As far as i know - most of the places that are larger in this city are cool with it, as long as you don't leave trash in the area, and don't sleep there.

you really do cover all the bases if you can find a company that will let you - air conditioning, security, and pulling the truck right up to the door with no stairs, that's kick ass...especially after a late gig. ugh.

• Members

We use a large (200 people) Sunday school room at our church, we just have to tear down on Saturday night (for sunday morning), and we can be up there whenever the heck we want.... totally free, only downside is that when we move ourstuff, we have to take it down a flight of stairs.

A real blessing, because there are NO other places around here that we could be loud without bothering people, nor is their anywhere we could leave our stuff set up safely.

Archived