Are a phasor and a uni-vibe on the same board redundant?

BigK335

• Members

I have a vibe and a phaser on my board.

My reason is that I use the vibe for Hendrix (Machine Gun) / Gilmour (Breathe) sounds and the phaser for more of a slow sweep / everything else.

It would be redundant if you don't NEED or LOVE the sound of a traditional univibe

If your interested I use a Fulltone Deja Vibe and a Boss PH-1r

A phaser IMO is more versatile and many can get a good vibe sound.

• Members

Originally posted by prosonic

I have a vibe and a phaser on my board.

My reason is that I use the vibe for Hendrix (Machine Gun) / Gilmour (Breathe) sounds and the phaser for more of a slow sweep / everything else.

It would be redundant if you don't NEED or LOVE the sound of a traditional univibe

If your interested I use a Fulltone Deja Vibe and a Boss PH-1r

A phaser IMO is more versatile and many can get a good vibe sound.

i have a Retroman Ubervibe, Quasar and Moon Phaser all hooked up. What can i say, i know what i like.

• Members

I didn't even look at your list of favorite players but if Gilmour and Hendrix are in the top 2 spots you might want to consider a real vibe.

I have a Fulltone Deja Vibe which I love

I am selling a Voodoo Lab Micro Vibe on Ebay right now to help pay for a Sweet Sound Mojo Vibe which is on it's way

I loved the Voodoo Lab but the Fulltone is more full featured and I got curious about the Mojo Vibe

I would say any of these are a good place to start if you have never owned a real vibe.

As for phasers I can't recommend the PH-1r enough (Electro Harmonix Small Stone is great also)

Archived