Damnit, Robert Plant, why did you have to go and lose that voice. . .

DylanWilde

• Members

I will say that you can't really compare two videos from two different performances and say that he 'lost' his voice. He's not goig to be singing every song perfectly 100% every night of a world tour.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of his singing. But that doesn't mean I don't recognize that he is a way bigger pimp that I will ever be, onstage or off.

I'm also not really interested in girls that get wet just because of a guy's singing talent. (Not that I wouldn't indulge if I was single and in his position ;))

• Members

Originally posted by AnalogJunkie

:rolleyes:

coming from someone who will never be a part of the highest yielding live act of ALL TIME... you have alot of room to talk man.

i saw robert this time last year and he still fucking rules. every girl in the room was wet.

Yeah, first rule of HCFX is that you must be a famous musician until you're allowed to state your opinion.

• Members

Pants to the idea that Plant can no longer sing. He doesn't sing the same as he did at 19 - but then who does. I saw Plant perform last year in San Diego and he sounded fantastic - listen to his last album - mighty rearranger - it'll silence any questions regarding his current vocal facility.

• Members

I never thought Plant could sing in the first place ... he was like a male version of Janis Joplin, I hated them both - Steve Marriot, Steve Winwood ... they were fucking singers ... all plant did was moan allot in falsetto and generally make a twat of himself ... and yet I like allot of Led Zep stuff - just wish they had a better singer.:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

I never thought Plant could sing in the first place ... he was like a male version of Janis Joplin, I hated them both - Steve Marriot, Steve Winwood ... they were fucking singers ... all plant did was moan allot in falsetto and generally make a twat of himself ... and yet I like allot of Led Zep stuff - just wish they had a better singer.
:thu:

Yeah, like J.D. Fortune or Jimmy Barnes.......:freak:

• Members

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

I never thought Plant could sing in the first place ... he was like a male version of Janis Joplin, I hated them both - Steve Marriot, Steve Winwood ... they were fucking singers ... all plant did was moan allot in falsetto and generally make a twat of himself ... and yet I like allot of Led Zep stuff - just wish they had a better singer.
:thu:

Thats kinda how I feel. I like Zeppelin, but not because of the singing. Granted Plant can still probably kick my ass rangewise, and certainly lyric wise, but I'm not getting paid to sing so I don't expect any criticism. He probably does. Thats what happens when you perform in public.

• Members

Originally posted by KjStrat62

Robert Plant to me has one of the most notible voices in rock n roll. How can you all troll him and say he wasted. No way

While I wouldn't want to be the guy to claim that Robert Plant can't sing any more, I don't think anyone with ears can deny that he doesn't have the range he did on the early Led Zep albums. You can hear the change that occurs in his voice from around the time of Physical Graffiti- it was the effect of all the hard living and hard touring that did it, for sure.

Plant is still a great singer, but he's not the same singer he was in the seventies.

• Members

Originally posted by ZepFuzz05

Just watch and cry to yourself silently. . .In the first, his voice is actually stronger than in the studio versions. . .In the second, well . . .yeah. . .

"Rock and Roll" and others - 1972

"Communication Breakdown" - 1979

If there is a better way to teach rock and rollers to avoid the smokes, I have yet to see it.

Awesome !!! What a powerful band , I personally really dig his last record "Dreamland" great tunes with some kicks ass guitar . :cool::thu:

• Members
Originally posted by english_bob

While I wouldn't want to be the guy to claim that Robert Plant can't sing any more, I don't think anyone with ears can deny that he doesn't have the range he did on the early Led Zep albums. You can hear the change that occurs in his voice from around the time of Physical Graffiti- it was the effect of all the hard living and hard touring that did it, for sure.

Plant is still a great singer, but he's not the same singer he was in the seventies. [/quote

WORD!!

• Members

I dig Zeppelin and I thought Plant was perfect for the material.

This is kind of OT, but I just got a copy of the Black Crowes/Jimmy Page live CD from a couple of years ago. It is outstanding, and the BC singer sounded way better than Plant--at least compared to live LZ that I've heard.

Archived