Short Timer Vs. Dan Echo

• Members

Originally posted by usa83strat

if you want analog , i gonna be selling either a kmd analog delay or a dod fx96 come monday or tuesday ill pm you and let you know

I appreciate the offer but I am returning a pedal to American Musical Supply and was thinking of getting a cheaper delay from them.

• Members

Originally posted by usa83strat

if you want analog , i gonna be selling either a kmd analog delay or a dod fx96 come monday or tuesday ill pm you and let you know

Hey - when you make up yr mind, would you be as kind as to et me know which you prefer and why - I have the FX96 (original model with the tape reels painted on) and have often wondered about getitng a KMD.

Cheers,

• Members

Originally posted by D34dBaWx

i have a short timer and its a very well rounded pedal. many usable tones and can work with settings alot. i borrowed a dano echo and it made cool noises but wasnt very tweakable.

+1

Not the most versatile delay, but sounds great.

• Members

I have a Dan-Echo and I love it!! I mainly keep the long/short delay switch set to long, and back off the hi-cut and mix to give it a muted echo-type delay, rather than a sharp, digital-type delay, though ti will do both well.

The input jacks are kind of fragile, and will produce a LOUD hum if the jack isn't plugged in all the way. My pedal took a tumble off a shelf and landed on the output jack.

I need to get it fixed or replace the pedal.

• Members

Originally posted by Ironhandjohn

I have a Dan-Echo and I love it!! I mainly keep the long/short delay switch set to long, and back off the hi-cut and mix to give it a muted echo-type delay, rather than a sharp, digital-type delay, though ti will do both well.

I use mine the same way and it always sounds very warm and more analog than digital. As long as you keep the mix knob less than 12:00 you won't notice any effect on tone either. For the price, it's a very good sounding delay.

• Members

i have a short timer brand new in the package i ordered one and got the other one for free from music123, if your interested i will sell it, and cheaper than they are new and this still has waranty. or if you got any over drives you might wanna trade we can work out something

Archived