my bands song

• Members

www.myspace.com/itstartsstopping

We just recorded this. This is not our myspace, i just made one real quick to put the song up so i could get you guy's opinion of it. Im playing electric guitar.

I used a gibson LP Custom, i was going to use a triple rec but the fuse blew so i used a fender deluxe that was lying around the studio. For the distortion i used the amp overdrive channel along with a bd-2(i am acually pretty satisfied with how the distortion sounds considering we could not use the amp we were planning.

Effects-wise i used a dd-20 for delay, dl4 for volume swells during the 2nd verse(its very light, you have to listen close), verbzilla, and a vox wah.

• Members

it's the voice, it's just not my style. He sings well though.

it does sound very good, don't take me wrong!

Originally posted by itstartsstoppin

thanks for the honesty. is it more the lyrics, the sound of his voice, or both?

• Members

Originally posted by whowasthursday

Sounds like a pretty tight group.

The low sound quality made it difficult to make out your exact guitar tone, but to my ears it sounded a tad harsh/shrill (maybe just because it was sort of in the background).

I like the vocals.

Thanks! I put the song up while i was at work, and i just got home to listen to it. I had to convert it to an mp3 file and i think that took some of the quality away from it (sound wise).

Is your name reffering to the band thursday?

• Members

I think the Song is GREAT!

Definately a catchy single. As opposed to the other person on this thread, I really like the singer's voice. It's kind of different. It's kind of like Sun Kil Moon's singer where the voice is different. Your group is very tight though which is nice. I can see why you're pumped about this song.

• Members
Originally posted by dmbandtimmy

Dude! That was tight! I like the song and the dudes voice! Did you guys record it yourself? I'm finally starting to get into recording and I'm trying to figure it out
:)

no we did not record it ourselves, i wish we had the ability to. good luck with your venture!

• Members

I really enjoyed that, it was a breath of fresh air. You sound like a real pro act, the song had a dreamy intensity to it. The electric guitars sounded huge and the acoustic sounded sweet and chimmy. I think you've got something that you can be proud of and that's commercial.

If you put it up on iTunes I'll happily pay 99 cents for it.

Archived