Just ordered $230 worth of cable from lava

NITEFLY182

• Members

Good cables are worth their weight in gold. If you can sniff out the bull{censored} there are deals to be had. Some people don't think there is a difference between Canare and dollar store cables, oh well. I think it's funny whenever someone is stringing together thousands of dollars worth of pedals with $10 worth of cables.

• Members

Originally posted by phishmarisol

Good cables are worth their weight in gold. If you can sniff out the bull{censored} there are deals to be had. Some people don't think there is a difference between Canare and dollar store cables, oh well. I think it's funny whenever someone is stringing together thousands of dollars worth of pedals with $10 worth of cables.

Word, I dont however believe that you need a trailer trash board to have a pro rig as some people now do.

• Members

Originally posted by NITEFLY182

Word, I dont however believe that you need a trailer trash board to have a pro rig as some people now do.

True.

BTW - your order is cut and on my assmebly table and will be shipped Monday. Thanks again...

• Members

Awesome. Tell me, is the quadra blue stiff or is it flexible. I considered ordering a 1 foot cable because that distance would work for my head and cab but I feared that it would be to stiff to actually make the bend at such a short length. I also though the extra length would be better for some other rig options. Any opinion?

• Members

Well if it doesnt have a solder joint its not going anywhere in my rig. I prefer no chance of failure to "you have to assemble it perfect"

Yeah. Like a soldered cable has never failed before. Sure. And really, you can't accept any chance of failure since you are playing REALLY IMPORANT gigs, I'm sure.

SUCKER.

• Members

Originally posted by Matter-Eater Lad

Yeah. Like a soldered cable has never failed before. Sure. And really, you can't accept any chance of failure since you are playing REALLY IMPORANT gigs, I'm sure.

SUCKER.

In a year and half of making cables, more than 5,000 have left my door. NOT A SINGLE ONE HAS COME BACK FOR SOLDER JOINT FAILURE! I even had one guy (an employee at a store that carries them) purposely throw his guitar on stage - he broke the outer casing of the right angle plug but not the solder joint! The cable worked - he sent to me and I replaced the the plug as part of the lifetime warranty...

• Members

Awesome. Tell me, is the quadra blue stiff or is it flexible. I considered ordering a 1 foot cable because that distance would work for my head and cab but I feared that it would be to stiff to actually make the bend at such a short length. I also though the extra length would be better for some other rig options. Any opinion?

The Quadra Blue is extremley flexible, a plus for its large outer diameter.

• Members

Originally posted by RoboPimp

.001uf = 100pf?

.001 uF = 1 nF = 1000 pF

Oh, and for anyone looking for "high-end" cables: go buy some good old Belden or Alpha, etc. cable and some Neutrik or GL, etc. connectors and save yourself a few hundred dollars.

CC

• Members

Originally posted by CliffC8488

.001 uF = 1 nF = 1000 pF

Oh, and for anyone looking for "high-end" cables: go buy some good old Belden or Alpha, etc. cable and some Neutrik or GL, etc. connectors and save yourself a few hundred dollars.

CC

That's real helpful - which product numbers? BTW Canare GS-6 and Mogami 2524 can be bought in bulk also and they have a better reputation as a good instrument cable than Belden or Alpha - can probably even get those cheaper to from Redco. Good soldering helps too...Neutriks are good connectors...

• Members

dammit, I was off by a zero! thanks..

I didn't spend $230 on cables, but I built a $10 buffer that sounds even better. :thu:

Originally posted by CliffC8488

.001 uF = 1 nF = 1000 pF

CC

• Members

Canare patches, and Sommer Spirit leads here... there is a definite difference in my tone after going from random proco/planet waves patches and junk.

And +50 to Mark being a great guy, I have never dealt with customer service approaching Mark... it's like buying something from a friend (a trustworthy friend at that!).

Just think, a planet waves cable with the switch 20' from MF is 39.99... I have one, and it is just *meh*, It has shorted out on me at least 5 times... the only good thing is that you can unscrew it and fix it pretty quick. There is no strain relieve to speak of, and the cable is crappy feeling...

A 20' Sommer Spirit cable from Lava is 42.50... I have this too, I also added the Neutrik silent plug (WELL worth it, amazing quality and look... and does exactly what it says it does, NO pop at all, and no plastic button that can break...).

Do yourself a favor, go Lava for cables...

Keeping with G&L, PW, and everyone else, 5 patch cables (or a kit that can make 5) is about 50$ right?

5 Canare cables, that are the sizes that you choose are 47.50$ Quality, yet again, is on a whole different level.

Why bash it?

Archived