MULTIPLE-CHOICE RUNOFF: non-corp pedal(s) I've kept longest/ want most

tocs100

• Members
Originally posted by erksin

I really don't understand the point of these polls of yours, but I can't seem to keep from voting in them...

Umm...thanks. Well, one point is why is the Fuzz Factory in the lead, vs. a more traditional/Muff-fuzz, such as the Mayo? Is it the gate/stability/compress control(s)? I'd like to hear opinons on this before pulling (a $200, with tax & ship.) trigger! (smile)

• Members

Originally posted by tocs100

Umm...thanks. Well, one point is why is the
Fuzz Factory
in the lead, vs. a more traditional/Muff-fuzz, such as the
Mayo
? Is it the gate/stability/compress control(s)? I'd like to hear opinons on this before pulling (a $200, with tax & ship.) trigger! (smile)

The FF has been around for a LOT longer, and most players have no idea who Z.Vex is, let alone Skreddy.

Why don't just ask more specific questions on pedals you're interested in? - you'll probably get much better responses than some arbitrary poll that gives no opportunity for a detailed response...

• Members

Thanks erskin, but as a tech-writer, I'm interested in all of them, and I need to start general, to be impartial, before I get more specific.

Also thanks for the tip that the Zvex FF has been around longer. But whereas the votes now are 3 to 1 for FF to Mayo/Zero/Ernie, they're only 2 to 1 between the builders as a whole. So the "want most" part of th poll-question shows something about the Fuzz Factory is giving it the edge. (Not price either, as the "Vexter" edition is the same price as the Mayo, and the hand-painted FF is $100 more. That's why I'd like opinions on the sound/features, rather than just saying it's a prestige factor.)

Duelling soundclips would be most welcome.

Also, MI Audio reports selling 500 of their Crunch Boxes in the first 3 weeks. I wouldn't imply that's hardly anybody.

• Members

Thanks erskin, but as a tech-writer, I'm interested in all of them, and I need to start general, to be impartial, before I get more specific.

Also thanks for the tip that the Zvex FF has been around longer.

Also, MI Audio reports selling 500 of their Crunch Boxes in the first 3 weeks. I wouldn't imply that's hardly anybody.

Huh?

Are you ghost writing reviews of these things or wanting to buying them?

Why not just do a search on all of them - there are plenty of reviews of all these pedals on HCFX and TGP. Any remaining questions after that should be easy to answer...

As to the MI comment - Fulltone probably sells more 'boutique' pedals than all the other boutique effects makers combined (I'm guessing here - work with me). That being said, I'd bet that the boutique market comprises no more than about 15% of the total effects pedals sold today - despite what you read here and on TGP and the like. That's what I meant by 'most players'...

• Members

But whereas the votes now are 3 to 1 for FF to Mayo/Zero/Ernie, they're only 2 to 1 between the builders as a whole. So the "want most" part of th poll-question shows something about the Fuzz Factory is giving it the edge. (Not price either, as the "Vexter" edition is the same price as the Mayo, and the hand-painted FF is $100 more. That's why I'd like opinions on the sound/features, rather than just saying it's a prestige factor.)

Missed this edit I guess...

Your poll results don't differentiate between want/held on to longest - all you're holding here is a popularity contest.

• Members

That's cool erskin, I see where you're coming from.

This is a formal, statistical analysis for technical purposes. And I don't mind it being public because what's good for the industry-knowledge-base is good for me too.

But please don't ask me to bog this down with academic jargon (like dependent vs. independent variables). The general methodology was explained in the prior, non-corp. thread.

• Members

That's cool erskin, I see where you're coming from.

This is a formal, statistical analysis for technical purposes. And I don't mind it being public because what's good for the industry-knowledge-base is good for me too.

But please don't ask me to bog this down with academic jargon (like dependent vs. independent variables). The
general
methodology was explained in the prior, non-corp. thread.

You just gave me a headache...

• Members

Then kick-back and chug a beer as we await some clips. (smiles.)

I'm not holding my breath - you've had 12 votes and only one response from a guy who is completely baffled as to what it is that you are trying to accomplish here...

• Members

It's called a "p-o-l-l" erskin, with a seven word question (and/or implied). If you really wanna bust someone's sack, ask the forum administrators why they even included a poll-option in their software.

RANT: Yeah, I'm not holding my breath for clips either, after I found out that the supposedly 1,000s of Bad Monkey owners couldn't answer a simple question either (hype, hype, hype).

• Members

But please don't ask me to bog this down with academic jargon (like dependent vs. independent variables). The
general
methodology was explained in the prior, non-corp. thread.

First... this is neither formal, nor statistical.

And yes, your former thread was about as easy to understand as ikea instructions. I mean seriously... in order to understand what you wanted out of the poll we had to read 5 of your posts. get it right the first time instead of making it up as you go along. If you are a technical writer you should take note. I'm not trying to be an ass, im just trying to let you know why you are confusing people.

Also, how could zvex make the list, and the seek wah not be on the list.

• Members

Originally posted by Brian Marshall

First... this is neither formal, nor statistical.

And yes, your former thread was about as easy to understand as ikea instructions. I mean seriously... in order to understand what you wanted out of the poll we had to read 5 of your posts. get it right the first time instead of making it up as you go along. If you are a technical writer you should take note. I'm not trying to be an ass...

Right: people should be perfect little robots, devoid of all human contact and feedback. I'll be cool and not nit-pick the logical fallacies in YOUR communication. As for my technical credentials, I have an honors BA in English. Watcha got Bri? (You can PM what's wrong with my methodology. And damn it, I paid dearly for my degree, and I'm gonna use the sucker.)

Thank you ladies and gentlemen--I'll be here all week.

Archived