EH Memory Man

Dawn

• Members

Anyone got one of these? I can't find one anywhere close to me so if I want it it's gotta be through Musicians Friend or Music 123. Trying to decide between this and the DD-20. Pros and cons plz. I've also heard good things about the DL4 except every Line 6 pedal I've ever owned has been noisier than {censored}.

Gabriel

• Members

the dl4 is not noisy at all, it does have a slight volume drop but its not noisy. the dd-20 is great i LOVE mine as im sure the next 20 post will agree. i can get a very good analog sound out of it, plus the features are wonderful. if i had to pick one i would say the dd-20.

• Members

Originally posted by itstartsstoppin

the dl4 is not noisy at all, it does have a slight volume drop but its not noisy. the dd-20 is great i LOVE mine as im sure the next 20 post will agree. i can get a very good analog sound out of it, plus the features are wonderful. if i had to pick one i would say the dd-20.

Thanks for the reply. Does the DD-20 have the slow attack setting (volume swell)? Only pedals that I've played with that have it so far are the Space Echo and the Boss ME-50 (ptetty much the only thing I liked about this pedal). Really looking for that sound again!

• Members

Originally posted by Dawn

Thanks for the reply. Does the DD-20 have the slow attack setting (volume swell)? Only pedals that I've played with that have it so far are the Space Echo and the Boss ME-50 (ptetty much the only thing I liked about this pedal). Really looking for that sound again!

no, that is the one bad thing about it IMO. The dl4 however does have the volume swell. I currently have a dd-20 and dl4 on my board. I wanted the dl4 for looping but the volume swell on it really put me over the top.

• Members

Originally posted by KarateSchnitzel

just replaced the modded dd3 and memory man on my board with a dd20...

now i think the memory man sounds better for modulated delays and ambient soundscapes.... but for versatily, ease of use live etc the dd20 is awesome..

Yeah, I'm actually looking for a live set up. Gonna use my GT-8 for studio sessions only, going all pedals live.

• Members

Originally posted by itstartsstoppin

no, that is the one bad thing about it IMO. The dl4 however does have the volume swell. I currently have a dd-20 and dl4 on my board. I wanted the dl4 for looping but the volume swell on it really put me over the top.

How do they sound patched together? Any unwanted volume drop/increase or delay? I may have to go that route also.

• Members

How do they sound patched together? Any unwanted volume drop/increase or delay? I may have to go that route also.

they sound great! The dl4 still has the slight volume drop but that is only when its engaged. If im not mistaking i remember reading on here that if you change it to non true-bypass mode the volume drop goes away.

• Members
Originally posted by endo23

If you want volume swells, you could also just grab a DD20 and a volume pedal. Cheap(er) and effective.

I got one or two of those ..... ;)

Use them a lot in the studio. Pad and volume swell are incredible. But again I'm talking for live situations. Much easier and faster IMO to just have the effect built in, turn it on and off at will ...shrugs.

• Members

I got one or two of those .....
;)

Use them a lot in the studio. Pad and volume swell are incredible. But again I'm talking for live situations. Much easier and faster IMO to just have the effect built in, turn it on and off at will ...shrugs.

i agree, i have a volume pedal on my board but i like the kind of synthy sound the swell on the l4 can produce

• Members

Originally posted by Boron

Oh god, the GAS.

DMM's are really expensive down here. But is there anything that oscillates so beautifully?

No. Not that I've found, anyway.

Maxons are pretty nice, too... but I keep coming back to my DMM.

• Members

Well I went to the EH site and listened to some demos of the DMM. Man I'm blown away, literally. AND IT HAS SWELL!!!!!! Definantely picking up one of those along with the DD-20, and with my Digitech Digi-Delay I think I just may have my bases covered!

Thanks to everyone taking the time to reply ....... :thu:

Gabriel

• Members
Originally posted by CHOUTMUSIC

I really liked the MM, but I found myself wanting more features and longer echo/delay. I returned it and got the DD20 for cheaper and haven't looked back.

I plan on picking up the DD-20 also. The DMM just has that sound I've been looking for. Not really buying it for the delay as much as the ambience and the swell. The DD-20 and my digi-delay will have all the delay I need covered. Really has a nice David Gilmoure effect to it. Did I mention I love the swell? The Chorus blended with that echo is also to die for!

:thu:

Gabriel

• Members

Well I went to the EH site and listened to some demos of the DMM. Man I'm blown away, literally. AND IT HAS SWELL!!!!!! Definantely picking up one of those along with the DD-20, and with my Digitech Digi-Delay I think I just may have my bases covered!

Thanks to everyone taking the time to reply .......
:thu:

Gabriel

Thats the ticket man. A good analog delay along with a digital for longer delay times and more versatility when you need it. Those 3 should most definately cover your bases for just about anything.

• Members

Well I just ordered the EH DMM and EH Deluxe Electric Mistress from Music 123 for a killer deal, they saved me nearly 100 bucks!

Picking up the DD-20 and the TU tuner from my local shop today.

So my board will now consist of
Digitech Digi-Delay
EH DMM
EH Deluxe Elecrtric Mistress
Boss DD-20
Ibanez stereo chorus (true analog)
Boss OD3
Ibanez PT9 Phaser (true analog)
Boss TU tuner
A Morely Wah (just use it for different frequencys)
And a Volume pedal

The only thing I can think of is mabe an equalizer or two. Don't think I need a compressor since my Fernandez has that covered ;)

And my GT-8 is going into my studio as part of my studio setup.

Archived