Catalinbread Hedonic Treadmill vs. 92 degree Seattle sunshine vs. ????

• Members

Originally posted by st. fermin

I think the new
Hot-Pot Bibimbap
pedal from newcomers
Asia Sensatia
may give the Hedonic Treadmill a run for its money. Especially since they have climate control experience that Seattle couldn't touch.

shhhhh!

no thread-hijacking!

oh and Seattle couldn't touch the climate control cuz everyone there is a dirty hippy and doesn't use A/C or deoderant.

;)

• Members

Yeah. Hot. I was in an area of Vancouver yesterday where my car's ambient temperature gauge (which is very accurate from my experience) hit 35 celsius. I think that's about 100 F?

I'm going to Vegas next week too. That's at about 105 or 110, I think. But at least it's a dry heat.

This {censored} going on in the Pac North West is muggy {censored}.

:cry:

• Members

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

shhhhh!

no thread-hijacking!

oh and Seattle couldn't touch the climate control cuz everyone there is a dirty hippy and doesn't use A/C or deoderant.

;)

You want a piece of me? Should we take this offline? I'm {censored}ing pissed and ready to scrap if you think you're tough. Just watch me, man.

:mad:

• Members

Originally posted by catalinbread

You forgot something, Empress.

oh yeah i forgot to say i live in phoenix fookin arizona where 110 is the norm for this time of year.

and don't call me empress. :mad:

we all know there's only one empress...

B000006YHH.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by therhodeo

Phoenix is dry heat. Ive dug a ditch in eastern colorado in 110 degree temps with no humidity and I didnt even break a sweat. Here in Kansas you sweat if its over 85.

you sweat in 110.

it just bakes off so fast you don't realize it.

try sticking your head in an oven set at 110 degrees cuz that's a dry heat too.

• Members

Funny how people think that just because we dont have humidity in PHX that it isnt that bad. I lived in Atlanta for 6 months, and they use this thing called a heat index. Basically, it says what it feels like if there were no humidity. I have never seen it over 108, and I lived there during the summer.

I would trade anyone in Seattle or St. Louis, or New York, or whever a Summer here. As a matter of fact, I am thinking of buying a house up in Oregon or Colorado, just to escape the summers here in PHX.

John

• Members

Originally posted by LongJohnny

Funny how people think that just because we dont have humidity in PHX that it isnt that bad. I lived in Atlanta for 6 months, and they use this thing called a heat index. Basically, it says what it feels like if there were no humidity. I have never seen it over 108, and I lived there during the summer.

I would trade anyone in Seattle or St. Louis, or New York, or whever a Summer here. As a matter of fact, I am thinking of buying a house up in Oregon or Colorado, just to escape the summers here in PHX.

John

you tell 'em Johnny.

if it's 95, then sure, i'd prefer no humidity. if it's 115 you're gonna be miserable either way. that's 20 degrees hotter than 95, dammit! compare 75 and 95. it's the same difference between 95 and 115, fellas!

but lucky me...i'm getting outta here in a month! :wave:

• Members

Originally posted by Brian Marshall

107 here in dundee oregon.... almost arizona weather... well probably May arizona weather.

yowza.

well look on the bright side. the polar icecaps will be melting soon and will cool everything down a bit! :idea:

Originally posted by iwantpedals

arizona sucks. um. just kidding.

i'm not. you were right.

• Members

Originally posted by LongJohnny

John

you would probably fit in better in Colorado... if you move to oregon you cant wear anything that is not made out of either hemp or birch bark.

• Members

Originally posted by Brian Marshall

you would probably fit in better in Colorado... if you move to oregon you cant wear anything that is not made out of either hemp or birch bark.

I blame it on the fact that you can't pump your own gas there. John would fit in in Washington... Anything 60 miles outside of Seattle and you're in flavor country, Junior flavor country. That said I would still drink a beer with the guy.

• Members

A buddy of mine got back from Kuwait with a stint in the Navy last year. Said the average daytime temp during the warm season there averaged near 130! He said it actually spiked up to 145 one day, although only for a short time. They'd wake up in the morning, down 16oz of water and immediately start sweating out of every pore in their bodies. They'd down multiple quarts of water every day and still people would get heat exhaustion. They drank so much water that they'd actually have to take their boots off once or twice a day to drain them out a bit (I highly doubt he was talking about a flood of water here, but rather annoying masses of moisture that would drip out). The funny thing is that he said people just don't really get sunburns over there. He said he and buddies of his were getting far worse burns in San Diego than in Kuwait.

Makes today's 90+ temp seem pretty moderate in comparison . . .

• Members

Originally posted by ryanspeer

A buddy of mine got back from Kuwait with a stint in the Navy last year. Said the average daytime temp during the warm season there averaged near 130! He said it actually spiked up to 145 one day, although only for a short time. They'd wake up in the morning, down 16oz of water and immediately start sweating out of every pore in their bodies. They'd down multiple quarts of water every day and still people would get heat exhaustion. They drank so much water that they'd actually have to take their boots off once or twice a day to drain them out a bit (I highly doubt he was talking about a flood of water here, but rather annoying masses of moisture that would drip out). The funny thing is that he said people just don't really get sunburns over there. He said he and buddies of his were getting far worse burns in San Diego than in Kuwait.

Makes today's 90+ temp seem pretty moderate in comparison . . .

yeah, but it's a dry heat

Bosch-Hieronymus.jpg

Archived