The EHX Poly Chorus thread

CHOUTMUSIC

• Members

I love this thing. I initally bought an Electric Mistress, but it was a little messed up, so I returned it at got a Poly Chorus just having found out that it has the same features as the EM, and more.

Live, I use the flange mostly, but I'll be using a variety of the other sounds for recording.

I want some input from other Poly Chorus users for settings, opinions etc.

• Members

I liked the modulated delay, chorus/echo, pitch shifting, univibe, and non-sweep-filtered flanger sounds back when I had a Polychorus, but found the pedal difficult to enjoy once it broke down on me and required costly repairs. :cry:

• Members

Originally posted by PRSguitarman777

the originals are better still a great pedal i love ehx but they are noisey my original poly chorus is awesome

I read that the designer or someone involved at EHX claimed the reissues sounded much better than the originals...It's all subjective I guess...

Let's see some "O' Clock" settings!

My main basic slow flange sound:

Flange setting

width: 5:00

rate: 7:00

tune/delay 5:00

All knobs cranked as far as they will go.

Also, I turn up the rate around 8:00 to get a decent Andy Summers type flange.

• Members

My friend has one, I was expecting it to sound more like an expanded Small Clone but it ended up having it's own vibe with all the crazy sounds that can be had and whatnot. I really liked it a lot, but the bypass was murderous and that thing needs to be shrunken down bady. Are the newest production models TB or are they still buffered and have the old tone suckage problems?

• Members

Originally posted by CHOUTMUSIC

I read that the designer or someone involved at EHX claimed the reissues sounded much better than the originals...It's all subjective I guess...

At the same time he's not likely to claim the reissue is a dog compared to the original. I know the reissue is quieter which would be a big plus for me. I had a battery Electric Mistress and whilst it sounded great the signal/noise ratio became intolerable after a while.

• Members

I've always been interested in the PolyChorus, but stayed away for some of the reasons already mentioned (too darn big, noisy, the usual EHX reliabilty issues). Given the apparent general interest in this pedal, and its commonly observed, yet seemingly curable, shortcomings, I think the PolyChorus is RIPE for cloning. Anyone else agree? Perhaps a clone, or reasonable approximation already exists. Does anyone know?

Archived