Met the bassist of Jane's Addiction on Saturday!!!

arexjay

• Members

I went to my guitar teachers house in the city for a lesson on Saturday. The teacher's pretty well known around the city, works at the shop where Satch gets all his guitar's done, has a lot of connections, etc.

Anyways, I walk in and he introduces me to his friend, and i shook his hand, he checked out my guitar, shook my hand, then left and told my teacher that they'd meet up later.

Wellllllll, we start the lesson, and about 5 minutes into it, he just stops and goes "I HAVE to tell you this... That guy is the the bassist for Jane's Addiction!" Then he reaches onto his desk and tosses me the issue of Bass Player with him on the cover!!! It was great, I look around the corner at him and look down at the magazine, it was so cool!!!

May not sound like much, but I thought it was a cool little surprise.

• Members

You met Eric Avery? He is the bassist for Jane's Addiction.

You probably met Chris Chaney, who is a awesome bassist as well, but was more of a hired gun for the last album and tour.

Chris now plays in the Panic Channel with Dave Navarro, Stephen Perkins and Steve Isaacs.

Martyn Lenoble also played bass with Janes for a while in 2001, but was replaced by Flea, who was replaced by Chris Chaney.

• Members
Originally posted by agentcooper2001

You met Eric Avery? He is the bassist for Jane's Addiction.

You probably met Chris Chaney, who is a awesome bassist as well, but was more of a hired gun for the last album and tour.

Chris now plays in the Panic Channel with Dave Navarro, Stephen Perkins and Steve Isaacs.

Martyn Lenoble also played bass with Janes for a while in 2001, but was replaced by Flea, who was replaced by Chris Chaney.

Eric was the best in my opinion!
:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by adolf

Eric was the best in my opinion!

:thu:

+ 100

I like Chris as a player but I do think Avery was the ONLY bass player for that band. The heart of Janes is allot of his weird funky off the wall parts - Chris never really got that on the last album and it just sounded like straight ahead rock.

• Members

Ever notice most early Jane's material starts wit the bassline?

Eric was just as much part of te Jane's sound as Perry and Dave etc.

I guess Perry didn't want to give him the song writing credits he deserved, and there was a falling out etc.

Anyone ever listen to the Deconstruction album him and Dave did?

I like it better than even the Jane's stuff.

Archived