OT: Fugazi - The Argument Apreciation thread

stompboxx

• Members

Originally posted by stompboxx

Anyone else a fan?

My second favorite Fugazi album (can't top the original 13 Songs). Amazing how much Ian can get out of an old SG and JCM800. Makes me want to ditch my pedals.

• Members

Love it but I do prefer End Hits. I guess that was the period that I saw them the most, and adding Jerry on second drums for some songs just kicked it. They are a very "group" band with songs coming from everyone not just one guy with a bunch of people reading music.

• Members

Originally posted by kzell13

Probably my favorite band. Anybody who hasn't seen Instrument (documentary by the band and Cohen) owes it to themselves to watch it at least once. I think I must have watched that movie 50 times by now.

I made it into the documentary! Woo hoo!

• Members

Happy Go Licky fans?!?! Holy crap I thought I was the only one who knew about them - then again I'm VERY self-centered :) Back in '87 or '88 I convinced the rest of the dudes in my high school band to call ourselves Torso Butter after a song off the HGL ep.

Still can't believe they could make those insane noises on purpose. What absolute {censored}in' beautiful chaos THAT was!!!

Another big thrill in my life about that same time was when I was in 10th grade and got to interview Guy & Ian for the UT paper before a Fugazi show at Austin's Liberty Lunch. I got there early and happened to bump into two college guys who were waiting to do a Fugazi interview that they had been assigned. After talking a bit they realized what a huge Minor Threat/ROS fan I was and that I knew way more about the subject than they did. Subsequently they let me ask most of the interview questions and afterwards Guy sent me a cassette of his One Last Wish project that would be released many years later.

Yep, in my book both of those guys and their bands are worthy of highschool idol worship if anyone is!

• Members

Originally posted by kzell13

That's pretty cool, were you one of the people in line for a show?

Nope I was pulling mics at the prison gig. I thought I would be in it more but then again since I would do monitors at many of their DC shows, they pulled video power from my stuff and so I was behind them.

• Members

I emailed them a few years back about when or if they were going to put out any more albums or tour. Guy actually emailed me back in a few days and told me that it doesn't look likely because Joe had another kid. I thought that was awesome for a band member to take the time to answer email personally.

To me, Fugazi is what every band should be. DIY'ers that won't sacrifice anything for the sake of their music and keep humble no matter how popular. They still pack all their {censored} into a van and unload the equipment themselves on tour. They also refuse to charge high prices for their tickets. What "rockstars" will do that these days?

Archived